Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 Profiler profile freezes Photoshop  (Read 1346 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
i1 Profiler profile freezes Photoshop
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:52:53 am »

Never seen this before;
Try to print with a profile created in i1 Profiler from a specific set of measurement data and Photoshop CS4 locks up totally. The profile works in Qimage & Lightroom and other i1 Profiler built profiles work OK, but any profile built from one particular set of measurement data freezes PS.
I've tried three different profile settings in i1P (large V2, medium V2 & V4)  I've also tried optimising the data and building another profile, but still PS freezes.
No issues or warnings when taking and saving the measurements.
Remeasure the chart and the new data works OK.

Anyone else seen this before or offer any explanation ? I've never come across this before in ten years of building and using profiles, this would be a worry if you were building profiles for others remotely.

Paul

Win 7 64bt, i1 Pro

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: i1 Profiler profile freezes Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:44:35 am »

Had another instance of this yesterday.
Additionally if you try to use the soft proof feature in PS CS4 with one of these bad profiles, it doesn't work and breaks soft proofing for the duration of the Photoshop session with any profile.

What is interesting is doing a data analysis of the two measurement sets on the same chart. I'm seeing a massively bigger difference between measurements of the same charts in i1 Profiler than I get in PMP5.
What's going on ? I'd hazard a guess that the measure function is not working correctly. In particular when measurements aren't correct* instead of placing the re-read strip measurements into the data, it just uses the incorrect data.

Paul

*Charts seem to need to be read far more slowly in i1Profiler compared to i1Photo or PMP5, which leads to more errors needing strips to be re-measured. Maybe this is a bigger issue for those of us using the earlier(slower) revisions of the i1 Pro.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:14:23 am by Rhossydd »
Pages: [1]   Go Up