Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VOIGTLÄNDER NOKTON 25MM F0.95  (Read 2501 times)

RawheaD

VOIGTLÄNDER NOKTON 25MM F0.95
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:20:37 pm »

Up for sale is a like-new Cosina/Voigtländer Nokton 25mm F0.95 for micro-4/3 mount.

I've tried several lenses in the F1.0 range for micro-4/3 (Angeneiux 25/0.95, Kern Macro-Switar 26/1.1).  This Voigtländer is the best.  Color, sharpness, bokeh, lack of distortion.  It doesn't have as much character as the Macro-Switar, but it makes up for that with the size of the image circle (absolutely no vignetting) and the IQ when stopped down.  Basically, it's a great performer wide-open, but in the case you want to stop down, you still will get great results––i.e., you can use this as an all-rounder.  This is unlike some of the fast C-mount 25mm, which can be fun and interesting wide open, but become pretty useless when stopped down, due to distortion.  That's why I've kept this lens till now.
With that said, the reason why I'm letting go of this is because of its size.  I bought the GF1 so that I can have a pocketable high-quality camera.  With this Nokton, it's no longer pocketable.  I noticed I've been carrying around it less and less, which is defying the purpose.  I'm going to go back to a small cine lens (probably Switar 25/1.4).

I've had it for a few months, but used it carefully and sparingly.  It's like new.  Optics, mechanics, cosmetics, all are 10/10.  Comes in original box, accessories (lens hood and 67mm cap for lens hood) in pristine condition (one caveat, there are a few rub marks on the 67mm lens hood).
It is warrantied till Dec. 2011.  If something pops up that is repairable through the warranty, I will personally take responsibility to contact Cosina in Japan so that you can get the repair.  You'll just have to pay for postage and handling to and from Japan.

This is going for around $1150 new in Japan. 

Yours for $950.

RawheaD

Re: VOIGTLÄNDER NOKTON 25MM F0.95
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:44:58 am »

SOLD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up