Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think about the Cambo X2 Pro camera?  (Read 1933 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
What do you think about the Cambo X2 Pro camera?
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:36:14 pm »

What do you think about the Cambo X2 Pro camera? Is it good? Have you ever used it?
I would like to use it with my existing Canon 5D and Phase One AFD with a (future) digital back. Do you think it is a good idea? I am not concerned about the 5D but worried that this system is not really designed for MF cameras like the Mamiya AFD 645/Phase One 645.
I would like to use it for product and some architectural photography…What do you think?
Thanks a lot!

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: What do you think about the Cambo X2 Pro camera?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »

I have one that I'm experimenting with now.  It seems very solid and precise, but a bit on the heavy and cumbersome side compared to other alternatives like the zork MFS.   But the cambo is much more precise.  I'm not sure its the greatest for shift stitching because you'd really rather have the lens fixed and the camera body moving and this does it the other way around.
Rolleiflex USA

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:36:59 pm »

Eric bought mine - its great using the 5D for arch or still life. never used it to stitch landscapes or anything. not compatibale with MF bodies, I dont think - visit the cambo site

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

What alternatives do you have? Thanks!
Otto

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 01:36:03 am »

Actually the cambo site says it is compatible with several MF cameras including the mamiya and I intended to use it with my Rollei 6008AF and AFi bodies.  I think its going to work well but haven't finished my parts yet.   The thing is I would not doubt that whole complete technical cameras are lighter than this guy is but it does have very precise control and thanks to Jim wasn't very expensive. 

The rollei system has a fantastic lens with a big image cicle - the 150mm apo macro - which is a bellows lens and requires 68mm of extension just to focus to infinity and more to focus up close.  What I'm doing is using the Cambo as the extension piece so that I can operate the lens with full aperture and shutter function but have tilt and shift.   I suppose I may also use this with my canon too and a rodenstock apo rodagon lens but haven't tried it yet.   

Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Blueray

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:38:08 am »

I use it with 3 lenses (Digitar 60mm, 90mm and Apo-Sironar 150mm) and a Sony A850. Working with the Cambo is a joy, but focussing takes a lot of time. Much more than my 4x5 setup. Even with the phantastic OVF of the A850 and a 2x loupe, it`s difficult. Maybe it`s better with lifeview? Or with bigger viewfinders of MF?
So I´m thinking of selling it and working with 4x5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up