Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 3.3. to 3.4 update method ~ what is best???  (Read 1536 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
LR 3.3. to 3.4 update method ~ what is best???
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:55 am »

Hi All

I did post in the thread about the update being available but just in case it gets lost in the more detailed debate  ;)

What is the best method to update???

1) Download from Adobe and install as appropriate or using the "Update download" within LR3.3 (NB using W7 Pro 64bit and normally install programs as 'Run as Administrator' when starting the exe)
2) Any precautions by either method to ensure the catalog and any imported presets are not affected?

Please forgive the noobie questions  ???
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Re: LR 3.3. to 3.4 update method ~ what is best???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:20:25 am »

Hi All

I did post in the thread about the update being available but just in case it gets lost in the more detailed debate  ;)

What is the best method to update???

1) Download from Adobe and install as appropriate or using the "Update download" within LR3.3 (NB using W7 Pro 64bit and normally install programs as 'Run as Administrator' when starting the exe)
2) Any precautions by either method to ensure the catalog and any imported presets are not affected?

Please forgive the noobie questions  ???

Just download it via LR 3.3. The 3.4 version is a minor update and there is no differences to the catalog. But it is always wise to make a catalogue backup before upgrading.

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Re: LR 3.3. to 3.4 update method ~ what is best???
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:37:47 am »

Just download it via LR 3.3. The 3.4 version is a minor update and there is no differences to the catalog. But it is always wise to make a catalogue backup before upgrading.
Hi

Thanks for the insight  8)  Oh, I recall I also had an update reminder by PSCS5 for the ACR 6.4.......must remember to do that as well!
A collection of mine here http://500px.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up