I'd also highlight the improvements in the EIP format.
If you don't know what EIP format is see here first: What the Heck is EIP?
- EIP allows a raw file to be wrapped with it's side car
- EIP allows a photographer to provide a raw file to a client*, but in a way which makes it far less likely the client will discard all your tweaks or open it in a program where they'd see
- EIP is a format designed to give portability to adjusted raw files
- EIP eliminates the need for a central library file (ala Aperture/Lightroom) or an "export" command
- EIP is completely non-destructive and makes no change whatsoever to the RAW file. If needed you can unwrap the original raw file from the EIP file either by right clicking it in Capture One or from Windows Explorer or Mac Finder by simply renaming it ZIP and double clicking. Because zero changes are made to the raw file and because you don't need any software to unwrap it the archive-value of the format is very high.
- EIP is compatible with any file format or raw format that C1 accepts
- Double clicking an EIP file opens C1 and navigates to that file. Highly convienant.
The very significant improvement made in C1 6.2 is that EIP files now show up in the Mac Finder or Windows Explorer with a preview showing ALL of the adjustments to the raw file. So if you need to quickly check through a USB stick of images to determine which one is which, or need a quick preview of a raw file that's been emailed to you, or across a server connection etc the preview will reflect all changes (e.g. perspective correction, crop, white balance, exposure correction, curves, color editor changes, spot/dust removal etc).
*I'm not a fan of giving raw files to clients, but the decision to do so is with the photographer and I think it's good that Phase One is providing a way to do so without leaving the file completely naked
Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 740.707.2183Newsletter
| RSS FeedBuy Capture One 6 at 10% off