Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Cambo Wide 47mm & Cambo Wide 65mm ----- ALL SOLD ----- Thx!  (Read 5763 times)

mmurph

• http://

Hello folks,

I have for sale a brand new,

never used Fotoman 45PS    

This is a solid body aluminum 4x5 film camera, although it can also be adapted to a digital scanning back.

It is new in the aluminum case that it ships in.  It includes a

new, never used lens cone for a 150 mm lens.  

It also includes aerial handles, a spirit level, and a viewfinder with the insert for the 150 mm lens.

If you want to know which 150 mm lenses you can mount in the cone, you can check that out at the Fotoman web site.  It also has a great deal of information on the camera, how to mount the focusing helix (that comes with the cone) to a lens, etc.:

http://www.fotomancamera.com/product_list.asp?id=335

I am selling this camera because I have two Fotoman 45PS cameras.  I am keeping the one that I use with a 120 mm lens.  The 150 mm is pretty close in focal length to the 120 mm.

I would like to get

$800 for the camera, plus a flat $25 for insured FedEx Ground shipping  within the continental US.  

I would prefer immediate payment via PayPal and shipping to a confirmed USA PayPal address, but I am open to other offers from folks with documented online purchase history.  

You can send me an e-mail from this web site, or leave a voice message at 312 four seven six 9 1 zero 6

I will also be selling some additional 4x5 film equipment later this week, when I have time to post:

1)   a Toyo AII field camera with a 210 mm lens

2)   A Cambo Wide 4x5 film camera (not DS) with either a 47mm or a 65mm lens, and

3)   A new in box 240 mm Schneider G Claron f/9 8x10 or flat copy repro lens

Cheers!  Michael
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:19:09 pm by mmurph »

viablex1

Re: FS: New Fotoman 45PS w/ 150 mm lens cone (no lens)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:26:43 pm »

does it come with Ground Glass??

mmurph

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »

Yes, I have the ground glass with a "handle" on the end to slide it in and remove it, as provided by Fotoman.

Just to be clear, this is what I think the kit includes:

• An aluminum case, with the camera kit inside. 
  • A cone for a Rodenstock lens with a 142 mm Flange Focal distance. 
  • A Helical focusing device in which to mount the lens
  • The solid block aluminum camera body
  • A ground glass for the camera
  • A "dark slide/back protector" for the camera
  • A spirit level
  • A viewfinder with a 150mm lens insert
  • Aerial handles
  • A cable release that threads into the handle

I believe the cone can be used directly with the following lenses(Flange Focal Distance at the end):
  • Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N 150mm f5.6 142mm
  • Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-W 150mm f5.6 141mm
  • Schneider Apo-symmar150mm f5.6 142.2mm
  • Schneider Xenar 150mm f5.6 142.6mm

I may have a 10 mm spacer that I could put on in place of the existing 5 mm spacer that would allow the following lens with a FFD of 147 mm to be used:

• Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-S 150mm  147mm

I hope that helps!  Let me know if you are interested. I will probably list this on eBay in a few days.

Best,
Michal

viablex1

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »

well heck I am definitely interested, just looking for a nikon 75mm F4.5 cone.

Not just messing around. I don't know if I can get one.

dam!!

viable

mmurph

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:15:01 pm »

You could post at Fotomancamera.com and ask Paul. You can read the recent Q&A's, he still has a few things.

The closest I can get is the 90mm on the Fotoman, or a 47mm on a Cambo Wide that I have.

I used to have a 65mm for the Cambo Wide. I will look around, thought I sold it, but.....  Just too much stuff here since I closed my studio!

Good luck! Best, Michael

viablex1

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:30:16 pm »

well I emailed fotoman china,

they said that the fotoman 45PS is being replaced by the fotoman 45WPS I am trying to find out if the cones overlap I have the lens.

I know you want to make the money, I asked Paul about the camera since he speaks better english 

mmurph

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »

Well, it turns out I actually DO HAVE a Cambo Wide with a 65mm lens panel!   :D

My memory sucks, I thought I sold it. I guess I just sold the 90mm lens panel with lens that I had, but didn't sell a Cambo body. 

I would like to get $1,500 for it.  You could sell your 75mm lens on eBay if you wanted to go with the Cambo and it's 65mm. In 4x5 the difference is not huge, and you have a bit of leeway in framing and cropping.  I believe the 65mm is a Schneider Super Angulon.

The Cambo Wide is fairly similar to the Fotoman in many ways. It is also a solid body camera with a fixed/rigid lens cone.  The Cambo actually has 10-15 mm of shift/rise that the Fotoman does not though, which can be a plus.

I will pull it out and get you a description of the body, lens, etc, along with a couple of pics.  Send me your e-mail address via the e-mail function of the forum here, then we can chat offline.

If you want to hold out for the Fotoman I wouldn't blame you!  It is a beautiful, very well engineered, solid camera.  The first time I saw and held one I **knew** I had to buy one! 

We could look at alternatives for cones for you on teh Fotoman, but the closest I could come to the 75mm is the 90mm cone that I have for the Fotoman. If you wanted to swap out lenses, you can pick up a 90mm pretty easily for $300 to $500.  The Rodenstock 90mm f/4.5 Green Stripe that I have is actually a pretty expensive and somehat big lens - it runs around $1,2000 used.

Although the Cambo is also a pretty decent 4x5 film camera in it's own right. I used the Cambo for the 47mm, 65mm, and 90mm lenses, and the Fotoman with a 125mm and a planned 150mm.

Cheers!  Good luck!

Michael

pXXXXX

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:57:57 am »

Hi

Do you still have the item for sale?

I would like to buy the 150mm cone as I already have the camera

mmurph

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 01:36:57 pm »

Hello Pietro! I also sent the following to you via e-mail:

I have a Fotoman 45PS that has a 125mm Fuji 5.6mm lens. It has had very light use. 

I could sell either the cone with lens, or the whole setup with the 45PS body and viewfinder, etc. 

I also has a 90mm cone new in box, never used. 

I sold the 150mm cone and body. I need to mark that as sold. Sorry! On vacation right now, not much Internet access. I will be home in the next couple of days.  

I also have two Cambo Wide 4x5  cameras. they are fairly similar to the Fotoman, except that they have 10mm to 15 mm of shift. I have one with a 65mm Schneider 5.6 I think, and one with a 47mm XL Schneider, can't remember if that is a 5.6 or an f/8.0

I would be happy to sell any combination of those items. I don't really use the 4, 4x5 cameras enough to justify keeping all of them (I also have a Toyo AII field camera with a beautiful Rodenstock (Calter) 90mm Green Stripe and a Rodenstock 210mm that I mat sell.)

I probably don't have a use for the 58mm. Too much stuff as it is I think! 

I have email access. Feel free to email if there is anything you are interested in. 

Best,
Michael 

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 10:06:04 pm »

If its still for sale e-mail me montblanc100years@mac.com
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

Joelio

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »

Any chance that you still have a Fotoman setup for sale?  Are you planning on selling your remaining cambo wide any time soon?

Thanks.

mmurph

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 07:57:46 pm »

Hello Joelio,

I have 2 Cambo Wide setups - body, lens, & cone - that I will probably sell.

I have one Cambo Wide with a Scheider 47mm f/5.6 XL that is in Excellent condition (the lens in particular.) The serial number on the lens indicates a 1996 build, so it is a modern, multicoated lens.

The lens itself sell on eBay for around $1,300. There was one lens with cone on there for $1,650, and one with lens, cone, and camera body starting from $1,900 to $2,800. I think those were in Holland and Hong Kong. Anyway, I would be looking at something less than eBay prices. 

I also have a second Cambo Wide with a Schneider 65 mm f/5.8 that should also be in Very Good+ to Excellent condition. I haven't looked quite as closely at that lens yet, but it is a quality multicoatef lens from around the same era - mid 90's. One of those sold recently on eBay for $1,650. So again, that is a ballpark number and I'd be looking for somewhat less through Limous, especially if you could do Chase Quickpay or similar (free for both of us.)

PM me or send an email. I am up north in Michigan right now for the holiday, but I should be home in a few days.

Cheers!
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up