Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLD] Nikon 500mm F4 VRII [Sold for asking price!]  (Read 3011 times)

Robert DeCandido PhD

• http://www.BirdingBob.com
[SOLD] Nikon 500mm F4 VRII [Sold for asking price!]
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:50 am »

[SOLD for asking price]  Up for sale is a Nikon 500mm F4 AF VRII (USA Model) by the original owners. Lens was purchased here in NYC in October 2008 (have paperwork).

Condition - glass is mint; everything is mint except for a thin 2.5 inch scratch on the Carbon Lens hood (carbon scratches easily). Otherwise cannot distinguish this lens from new. No internal dust that we can see...

Comes with everything that Nikon ships with this lens new (Hard Case; Lens Foot; Drop-in filter etc.).

Also included is a replacement Kirk Lens plate made for this lens.

$8300 includes PayPal and shipping (US Postal Service Priority) to anywhere in the Continental USA. Discount for payment via Wire Transfer.

Will accept international orders but payment must be made by wire transfer and shipping will be approximately $65-$125

Lens will be shipped once payment clears into account.

Email for photos taken with the lens, or of the lens.

Recently we have sold a 1Ds3 Canon body, a 400 F4 DO lens and a 500mm AiP Nikon lens - and have received positive feedback (see Fred Miranda aka FM Forums under username rdcny). We also sold a Nikon 600mm F5.6 AIS on Ebay - again positive feedback (nycFalcon).

You can expect to receive exactly what is described if you purchase this Nikon 500mm F4 VRII from us.

We are selling because we are moving to all Canon AF telephotos and looking to get either the Canon 800 F5.6, or the soon to be released 600 F4 II.

Ask questions - we are here to help.

Deborah Allen and Robert DeCandido PhD
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:50:07 pm by Robert DeCandido PhD »

Robert DeCandido PhD

Re: Nikon 500mm F4 VRII
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:11:43 pm »

bump :o

Thomas J Conway

• Nature's Portraits
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:11:34 am »

Robert: I'm responding to your earlier inquiry about a trade for IR equipment. The email address you gave me will not go through. I'm only interested in trading for a full-frame body, but would consider Nikon lenses for the Canon IR kit. . .what Nikon equipment do you have left? Please email me: tconway@conwaycompany.com or call my office: 910.509.1818 to discuss. Thank you! Tom Conway.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:00:01 pm »

$8199 new.

Robert DeCandido PhD

Re: [SOLD] Nikon 500mm F4 VRII [Sold for asking price!]
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »

The lens was sold for the asking price ($8300)...and I am going to insert an editorial comment here. One of the posters above, a Peter Ait ???, decided to price police :-X. He felt compelled to show that there was a better price for the lens I was selling. I have no problem with that - so long as an apple to apple comparison is made :). After I contacted Mr. ait and suggesting to him that he post a fair price comparison, ait shrunk out of sight ::).

The lens that was sold was a USA version of the lens. Ait posted a link to a grey market lens. Most (if not almost every) dealer in North America seems to be out of stock on US versions of the Nikon 500 F4 VRII. The price for my lens was below the USA street price of this lens from every dealer I have looked at. And if you read comments from some folks who like to predict what Nikon will do, they expect increases in the price of this lens in the coming year.

Ait also does not mention that my lens was being sold with additional items that the grey market lens lacks - and shipping was/is free from me - and not from the store linked to....

The fellow who purchased the lens works (owns) a lens rental company. That the lens I was selling is a USA version was (is) critical to him because he knows that the lens will be back and forth to Nikon in its lifetime.

So if anyone wishes to price police - do compare lenses of the same feature set.  Yes you may think asking price is unreasonable - but the market will ultimately be the deciding factor... ;) - and rarely do items sell for exactly the price asked...some negotiations result in lower sale prices.

Thanks Ait!  ;D - when asked to amend your post to direct people to a USA version of the lens (an apple to apple comparison) you shrunk from responsibility.

Robert DeCandido PhD
NYC
Pages: [1]   Go Up