Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Crescent Mat "white" for epson fine art velvet paper?  (Read 800 times)

lausanne

Good Crescent Mat "white" for epson fine art velvet paper?
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »

Need to choose blind - don't have any sample corners here.  Want to leave about 1/4 inch around image of paper showing so would love to chose the right white.  Anyone have real samples handy?  or a go-to shade of white??

framah

Re: Good Crescent Mat "white" for epson fine art velvet paper?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:16:44 pm »

Problem here is that what is in the image also has a bearing on the shade of white  used around it.
That said... if you are trying to match the velvet paper itself, then the least offensive one is 9501.
 All others seem to be too warm or dark.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

lausanne

Re: Good Crescent Mat "white" for epson fine art velvet paper?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:34:05 pm »

Yeah, I'll try to get some sample for the future but just want something for now that won't look weird with a bit of paper showing.  So, 9501 - sounds good.  now, unfortunately I was just about to make an order from Cheapjoes and they don't have that number.  I'll look around at other sources.

I'm hoping to standardize the mat color - at the moment it's prints of some paintings but in future will be some B&W photos also on fine art velvet.  Standardizing between those two needs might not work perfectly but I'll give it a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up