Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: PhaseOne / Hasselblad Back for Hasselblad V  (Read 781 times)

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
WTB: PhaseOne / Hasselblad Back for Hasselblad V
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:38:42 am »

I am interested in a digital back for the hasselblad v system, something lower then 45mp since this is more a camera for fun and not looking to spend more then around 10k for the back. preferable one where i do not need to run any cables between my 503CW's lens and the digital back....thanks!
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

rwphoto

Re: WTB: PhaseOne / Hasselblad Back for Hasselblad V
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:34:32 am »

I have a PhaseOne Lightphase that I would like to sell . It is a v fit and I also have the Phase stitching back to fit a 4x5 camera . Will it do ?

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:39 pm »

I am interested in a digital back for the hasselblad v system, something lower then 45mp since this is more a camera for fun and not looking to spend more then around 10k for the back. preferable one where i do not need to run any cables between my 503CW's lens and the digital back....thanks!

Sorry to say, but without cables it is possible when you have 200 series ( after modification in Hasselblad service) In your case you need to use cables between lens and digital back. You could think about CFV 16.

Best regards,
DF

Richard Man

• Richard Man Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »

The cable really isn't that much of a problem. Most likely you will be shooting on a tripod, manual everything anyway. The cable is just something that you have to detach and attach when you change a lens. Get a short cable and it won't be in your way.

The only practical effect is that the lens must have good sync contact. And if you are interested in slow speed the shutter must have correct slow speed (when doing 1sec to 1/30th exposure), and that it does noot shut down the sync signal in the middle of a B exposure and reopen it at the end. Regarding the last point, on long exposures, some (1980s-1990s?) Hassy lens were "optimized" to shut the sync signal off during the duration.

So avoid the C lens, and make sure you can return a lens, and you will have no problem. Actually, Hasselblad can probably fix the shutter and sync problem if needed be, so really not a problem at all.
// richard
[url=http://richardmanphoto.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up