Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need East Coast Landscape Photo Advice  (Read 3345 times)

MatthewCromer

Need East Coast Landscape Photo Advice
« on: April 26, 2005, 01:44:23 pm »

There are a bunch of can't miss sites.

Hunting Island, South Carolina for beach photography.  Beach erosion is exposing trees on the beach strand making extremely cool foregrounds for sunrise.  There is a lighthouse and pier here too, dunes with sea oats, a great marsh and intracoastal waterway for sunsets, and wonderful subtropical forest scenics.

Great Smokies National Park and Blue Ridge parkway -- drive across the smokies and take the parkway from the Smokies to Asheville.  Tons of wonderful opportunities from lush river gorges to jaw-dropping layered landscape scenes from the ridgetops

Lots more, but these locations will definitely not disappoint.

Henry W

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 09:42:57 pm »

Hope you can help. In early May We are driving from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit. I'm a West Coast guy and don't have a lot knowledge of this part of the world and I need some help. I am willing to spend a full day somewhere along the way if it is warranted. Is there a can't miss spot? Could you please post an example of what I should expect? Washington DC is the only place I have visited along that possible route.

Thanks...Henry

paulbk

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 07:43:55 pm »

You say you’ve visited Washington DC. But have you spent a day photographing DC from dawn’s early light to twilight’s last gleam? If not, take the time in DC. This time of year the possibilities are endless regardless of weather. A very unique city.
paul b.k.
New England, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up