Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sucked into shooting a wedding  (Read 10327 times)

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Sucked into shooting a wedding
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »

I agree requiring a contract for a family wedding may be considered tacky. But it is worse than tacky to ask a family member to do such an important task for free. Whoever asked for this favor clearly didn't have the photographer's interests as a guest in mind. It means, essentially, that the photographer be dis-invited as a wedding guest and employed for the event much like a bus boy or parking valet -- except for no pay.  There is no way to enjoy the festivities and company of family when saddled with so many responsibilities.

Besides, I doubt this contract issue would come up. Anybody with enough courage to ask for a contract from a close relative would have enough courage to decline the "opportunity" in the first place.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »

This is for family. Demanding a contract seems incredibly ill-advised especially as, I am sure, the OP's parents played a large part in getting the OP to actually agree.

Many of us have been in the same boat. Family pressure can be a very powerful force. Learn from this experience and, the next time you're asked, you'll be better prepared for polite but forceful refusal.

I assume this is in the US, so asking for a contract in family affairs is not so far-fetched if TV is to be believed :P

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 10:54:32 am »

Anybody with enough courage to ask for a contract from a close relative would have enough courage to decline the "opportunity" in the first place.

Well played.
"The real voyage of discove
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up