Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 publish problems  (Read 15849 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: i1 publish problems
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 09:53:46 am »

Using an i1 Pro, with Chart Generator there is no way to sync to a i1P target.

Is that due to differing ways it scrambles the patches? Again, no issues with iSis albeit not easy to do.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 01:35:37 pm »

Is that due to differing ways it scrambles the patches? Again, no issues with iSis albeit not easy to do.

Refer to post 17-19. It does not appear that it is not necessary to use Chart Generator now.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:01 pm »

I wanted to post an update.  The USB cable was not the issue it just seemed to fix the problem temporarily.
I am using a 9880, PK ink, paper type for the testing was Lexjet esatin 300W.  I prefer this over Epson
260W and both are at the same price point. 

By going under the paper configuration tab, and reducing the ink density 10%, I was able to get a set of printed
targets that I was able to scan with no errors.  In fact I was able to make multiple scans and had no problems. 

I am using the publish target generator to create 1728 patches.  Then I am putting these into a 10.50 wide by 11.00 height
page.  Saving them as tifs from Publish.  I then open one, go to image--canvas and grow the canvas of the opened target so
that I can pull another page into the same canvas.  This gets allows me to print 2 targets on a 24" roll.

I have told xrite about this issues and my fix.  Not sure what is going on, but by reducing the density, I can scan by strip, and
get a good set of measurements which will create a working profile.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 01:58:04 am »

I have told xrite about this issues and my fix.  Not sure what is going on, but by reducing the density, I can scan by strip, and get a good set of measurements which will create a working profile.
I'll try this to see if it gets round the difficulties I've seen with scanning x800 series Epson printers.
The real issue is why is this happening ? (when PMP will read the targets) and will reducing ink density effect the potential final output quality ?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 03:18:01 am »

By going under the paper configuration tab, and reducing the ink density 10%, I was able to get a set of printed
targets that I was able to scan with no errors.  In fact I was able to make multiple scans and had no problems. 

I am using the publish target generator to create 1728 patches.  Then I am putting these into a 10.50 wide by 11.00 height
page.  Saving them as tifs from Publish.  I then open one, go to image--canvas and grow the canvas of the opened target so
that I can pull another page into the same canvas.  This gets allows me to print 2 targets on a 24" roll.

Paul Caldwell

Either the boundary between patches is not recognised correctly with heavier patches or the spectrometer does not read the heaviest patches correctly.
Check also the Eye 1 cone + glass by removing it from the spectrometer, cone facing you turn it 5-10 degrees clockwise and you can lift if off. Any paper lint on the glass at one side may have an influence on readings.
Where do you assemble the two target images on one page, absolutely no resampling on the patches happening ?

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 10:41:34 am »

On my spectrometer the black cover is way to tight to twist off.  That was another thing I wanted to talk
to xrite about later on.  The black cover over the eye which on mine is labeled UV-cut has three holes and then
three notches on the outside.  The notches I realize are for using the monitor calibration tool, but on the the
hole look like you could use a tool to twist the cover off.  Is there such a tool? 

And I agree currently unless I back off the ink density, I can't read the darkest color patches.

You cannot twist mine off in the direction of the arrow, which as Ernst stated is clockwise.

Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 11:06:35 am »

With the cone facing me, twisting the cone clockwise is against the direction of the arrow that is on my Eye 1,  It will be the same down under if you live there :-)

The trick is to use a ring of two fingers on the cone with little pressure on any spot but enough friction on the total so the cone keeps its shape and the ring beneath the cone can slightly deform to get the cams inside (beneath the notches) free.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 11:17:31 am »

Thanks Ernst,

The ring of two fingers worked.  Had just a few specs in there, but nothing major
blocking the opening.

PFC
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 03:00:51 am »

Still progress. One variable removed.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 12:17:51 pm »

I just wanted update my findings so far.

BTW, if anyone else has a similar environment and is running publish, I would appreciate it if they would test with their system and see
if they get the same results.

Paper Epson Luster 260W, Eye One Pro with UV cut, Publish software, target 1728 colors generated in Publish, printer 9880PK, Win7, or WinXP
What I am mainly interested in is to see how dark your targets print out.  I have configured my target to 11.50 W x 11.00 H, as I recall this allows
for 15 colors per line and 4 targets total.

With Publish, really no matter what paper I choose, if I don't back off the ink density by 10%, then when reading the strips, I will not be able to
read the entire sheet, usually failing on line 16 and then having similar failures on at least 12 to 15% of all of the 91 strips.  I am not sure where to
go here as I really don't feel that I should have to adjust the ink density to get a good read.

With Profile maker 5.0 (in demo mode), Under Measure I can read in a target that I had a friend make which is also 1728 colors.  I have read these targets
on many papers, Silver Rag, Velvet Rag (BC), Platine Rag (Canson) Lexjet esatin, Epson PLPP260, EPson PGPP250W.   All of these targets will read fine with
no errors.  I can then save the measurement data as a txt file and open it in Publish and then create a profile.  Most of these profiles seem OK, however IMO
not quite as good as profiles I had created in the past working with a unlocked version of Proflile maker. 

I am just curious of anyone else can read native targets generated in publish on a 9880 PK ink in either Win7 or Mac 10.6 versions of Publish.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rhossydd

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:55 am »

I think X-Rite now have a fix for the measuring issue.
I've just been sent a new .dll and instructions for modifying an .ini file (on Windows 7). This seems to have resolved my chart measuring issues.

Might be worth contacting your local X-Rite service centre and seeing if there's a similar fix for Macs, my email looked suspiciously like a cut 'n paste job with instructions for both Win & Mac.

HTH

Paul

VitOne

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 10:00:07 am »

I think X-Rite now have a fix for the measuring issue.
I've just been sent a new .dll and instructions for modifying an .ini file (on Windows 7). This seems to have resolved my chart measuring issues.

Might be worth contacting your local X-Rite service centre and seeing if there's a similar fix for Macs, my email looked suspiciously like a cut 'n paste job with instructions for both Win & Mac.

HTH

Paul

I am having problems with i1Publish software, I can't go in the advanced mode, the software will crash if I try to do this. It seems that it is working correctly only if I use the basic mode.

I am on Windows 7.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 10:28:36 am »

I am having problems with i1Publish software, I can't go in the advanced mode, the software will crash if I try to do this. It seems that it is working correctly only if I use the basic mode.

I am on Windows 7.

When I tried it on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bits, I could switch to advanced mode without crashing. It could be something else, perhaps specific to your hardware setup.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Rhossydd

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 11:46:38 am »

No problem here with using advanced mode on W7 64

VitOne

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 02:33:19 pm »

I had no problems in using the software for some days, I am getting this problem now. I really tried to uninstall and install again everything, but I can’t run advanced mode at the moment.

On the same computer using a virtual machine I can run the software, I think is more a software problem than an hardware one. I asked X-Rite but I received no help until now.

Rhossydd

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 03:08:51 pm »

I had no problems in using the software for some days, I am getting this problem now.
If it did work and no longer works it's unlikely to be the software having changed, but a conflict with another programme or update.

Have you tried system restore to go back to a state when it definitely worked ?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 04:51:51 pm »

Curious if win7 SP3 could be causing the problem.  It just came out and takes a while to get completely installed.  I have not heard anything back on my issue from xrite however I have now gotten confirmation from a couple of others that the x880 series and possibly the x800 series seem to print the targets darker than the 9900 family.  Publish cannot read the targets cleanly from a x880 printer whereas profilemaker 5 can.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

VitOne

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:46 pm »

Have you tried system restore to go back to a state when it definitely worked ?

I tried but I had no luck.

Rhossydd

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 03:29:26 am »

Curious if win7 SP3 could be causing the problem. 
I assume that's a typo, as there's no service pack 3 for Windows 7. The most recently released sp is version 1, I've not read of any problems associated with it and it should only take a while to install on a new installation as it's mostly a package of all the hot fixes that get regularly updated by Windows.
More likely is a change to another program or driver on the system.
I have not heard anything back on my issue from xrite however I have now gotten confirmation from a couple of others that the x880 series and possibly the x800 series seem to print the targets darker than the 9900 family.  Publish cannot read the targets cleanly from a x880 printer whereas profilemaker 5 can.
Nag them some more. As mentioned earlier I have been given this fix. I'm not sure if I can re-distribute it or not, the email to me from X-Rite made no mention of confidentiality.

Maybe our new member on LuLa from X-Rite support might(should?) help here ?
Welcome Bob, last respondent to http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=53843.0

Paul

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 07:47:38 am »

Yes, , typo, I meant SP1 for win7

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up