Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best bag or backpack for Hassy medium format system?  (Read 9729 times)

bgpixelman

best bag or backpack for Hassy medium format system?
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:30:27 pm »

I have a Hassy H3D-50 with a 28mm, 50-110 lens and accessories, filters, etc. Any suggestions for any favorite bag ideas? Not for international travel. Thanks.

donaldt

Re: best bag or backpack for Hassy medium format system?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 01:59:56 am »

I am using a Delsey myself but I found it not suitable, it was great for my D3 with 2-3 lenses but the Hass is too heavy
I would say either one of those hard case with wheels, or a large backpack
I wonder what you guys use too for large medium format

amsp

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:26:11 am »

After many years as a photographer and owning countless types of equipment and bags my advice is to get the smallest backpack that will hold all the gear you need, your back and shoulders will thank you. The exception to this is of course if you need fast and easy access to your camera, but I'm guessing you don't haul around your Hassy for street snaps ;)

Professional

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:08:20 pm »

I have bought HPRC 2550W to use it for my Hasselblad, it carries my H4D60+80mm in one place, 120mm macro, 28mm, i made a place for a zoom such as 35-90 for the future buy, also another place for battery+charger and cable release, i can make another place for CF cards if i want but i didn't, i can buy another similar but smaller bag if i will have more accessories for Hasselblad, for now i am happy with this bag which i don't need to carry on my back, just use the roller and enjoy the life.

evgeny

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:53:10 am »

I tried various bags and backpack.

I sold all shoulder bags. I found them not comfortable, too much stress on shoulders.
I keep one backpack, the Think Tank StreetWalker® HardDrive, which can hold a laptop. I use it on a very, very rare occasion, it's in like new condition in my cabinet.
I found the very best bag - the Lowepro Top Loader Pro 75 AW Camera Bag with chest harness. It's always on chest and very comfortable. I holds my Contax 645 with up to 140mm lens with lens hood in reverse position. Think Tank makes a similar bag, which I think is a bit longer (for longer lens).
I don't know if Hasselblad will fit the bag.

Bernhard

• http://www.bernhardphotographer.com
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 06:32:24 am »

remember to place your 50-110 right in the bag, it's to common that the lens get damaged in the bag but not in the field;)

I choose lowepro for all my bags

at the moment using photo trekker aw II and pro roller x200 with both hassy and canon system

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »

Just for a giggle -

Here is the must-have case from around 1976, the 525 shoulder bag, in best Swedish leather. It will take a 500 camera with standard lens, a spare magazine, a 150mm lens and your filters, meter, etc. Inside there is a plate which fits the tripod mount on the camera, and it holds the 500 rigidly in a vertical position.
This case is still going strong, and I use it every day. It was $96.50 when new.

John
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:53:35 pm by John R Smith »
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

Alex MacPherson

• http://alexmacpherson.com
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 02:02:46 am »

If I feel like punishing myself and dragging a laptop with me, I use the Think Tank Streetwalker Hardrive backpack.
If I am travelling, I use the Think Tank Airport International roller bag.

If I just want to go shoot some shots with minimum gear (H3Dii,Light meter,blower, spare lens), I use the Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home shoulder bag.
Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 04:57:29 am »

When traveling for Hasselblad and Hotwire-Digital, I found two bags that fit in the overhead and were easy to carry one, sometimes two, Hasselblad H-system digital kits with at least two lenses and the various miscellaneous (cleaning, caps, filters, etc.)

The first (was) the LowePro Computrekker backpack (now the 450AW) - held computer and cables and has a zippered hood in case you get caught in the rain.

The second is the LowePro ProRoller X200 which is a roller bag that has a backpack zipped into it, so you can go on/off road.

Nothing beats a new clean bag that's for sure - especially one that fits in the overhead.

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

johnasmith

• johnsmithphotography.net
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 02:11:45 pm »

I have been looking for new backpack for my RL3D with p65 back,lens.I have talked to several companys
and lightwareinc.com is reworking there 2214 backpack.It will be larger in the inside from the old pack and it
will have stiff foam dividers that will not allow heavy lens to move around.Also the outer part of the pack will be
harder but lightweight material covered with canvas.they are currently working on final design and told me to call back in July
for when its going to be ready.Also it is US made so when they start making them there will not be some
delay coming from overseas.There is a company in Germany called Koening photobags on there page under customized bags
look at photo number 7 and that will give idea how the new interior of the Lightware bag will look like.when you have 60.000 worth
of gear I want to take  it on the plane with me and if you have change to small plane that will not let you carry on your pack
I want it to be as bullet proof as it can be or If I was to fall in the field also.
John A.Smith
Hendersonville, NC
johnsmithphotography.net

alanb

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »

Amen X 2 for Alex MacPherson's suggestion.  Think Tank products always seems to work best for me for any photo use which includes your equipment.

Good luck,
Alan

akk2

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

I think Kata got the best protection but the look may not fit your personal taste :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up