Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Defective IJ Technologies Black Diamond Gloss Adhesive Back Vinyl  (Read 1328 times)

J_Hill

Hi,
Has anyone else encountered flaws in IJ Technologies Black Diamond Gloss Adhesive Back Vinyl?  I  purchased a roll for a recent project, and it had repeating black specs down the middle of a 36" roll.  When I reported this to the retailer, I was told that I needed to pay for the replacement roll, while I shipped a sample of the defective roll directly to IJ Technologies.  IJ Technologies "quality control" has since determined that black specs are acceptable on their product, and they refused to accept the first roll for refund.  Now I have two rolls of the material, impacting the profit of the project that I am working on.
I should stick to Epson original media only, as the quality control has been dramatically better.  I understand that there may be issues in manufacturing ink jet media, but a company should stand behind their product.
IJ Technologies chooses not to stand behind their product.

John

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Defective IJ Technologies Black Diamond Gloss Adhesive Back Vinyl
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 03:21:34 pm »

Who is your retailer for this product?  They *should* be going to bat for you since they are in the distribution line for IJ Technologies' products...

I'd be pretty miffed...

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »

Have had very consistent results from all the Epson and Canon media products I have used.

FWIW LexJet has been extremely good about replacing defective media.  They had some some issues with one of their budget canvases a while back, they pulled the product temporarily and as far as I know they replaced rolls for those who asked, and I'm sure it cost them a lot.  Bottom line...they acknowledge when there's a problem.  It was actually a rather subtle problem, not at all at the black-dots level.  LexJet has a big signage customer base and a lot of vinyl media products.

Can't heap quite that level of praise of some other media and coating suppliers I know, but 'nuff said.

J_Hill

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23:16 pm »

The retailer is Shades of Paper.  I would think that they could step up and take care of the situation if they cared to.....

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:28:12 pm »

I predict they will after seeing this post....but if they don’t, talk with your credit card company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up