Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up Mac Pro and Macbook Pro to NEC PA27BK-S  (Read 1722 times)

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
Setting up Mac Pro and Macbook Pro to NEC PA27BK-S
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:23 pm »

Anyone with any experience, tips, online resources on how to connect my early 2011 15" Macbook Pro to my NEC PA27-BK-S monitor so that I can use it at the same time with my primary mid 2010 Mac Pro?  I have the Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter cable from NEC, just not sure how to have them both working together at the same time, or, if that is even possible.

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
Re: Setting up Mac Pro and Macbook Pro to NEC PA27BK-S
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:16:05 am »

Since the PA271W has 1xDisplayPort and 2xDualLinkDVI inputs, you can connect to your 15" MacBook Pro using the Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, and the Mac Pro using a DualLink DVI cable (be sure you are using a DualLink cable - the monitor comes with one). You can then switch between the two Macs by pressing the INPUT button on the display.

If you want to get even fancier, you can connect a wired keyboard to the USB hub in the display, and run a USB cable from each of the USB upstream (input) connectors on the display to each of your Macs. Then when you switch video inputs, the keyboard will follow and automatically switch to the other Mac.
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
Re: Setting up Mac Pro and Macbook Pro to NEC PA27BK-S
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:25:42 am »

Perfect!  That's what I wanted.  Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up