Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo hanging systems  (Read 3065 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Photo hanging systems
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »

I am going to make a small area of my house into a gallery for rotating "exhibits" of prints. I'd like to install a hanging system and would appreciate recommendations for systems that are unobtrusive and flexible. Thanks.

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
Re: Photo hanging systems
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:53:02 pm »

I think the best would be those small hooks held in place with a wire nail. Not only are they strong yet unobtrusive, but they cause minimal damage to the wall, thus can be moved and moved again, without worry. Also, the small holes are incredibly easy to repair with either plaster or vinyl spackle.
"The real voyage of discove

PeterAit

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:15 pm »

Thanks, but my goal is avoid using the hook and nail approach. Repairing the holes is easy but still takes time and effort, and they make precise print positioning very difficult.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:24:42 pm »

Have you looked at the various systems which have a rail attached to the ceiling, and you hang wires on it for the prints? Very quick to change to a new print, and the rail can be permanently in one place.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »

Peter, I've hung and re-hung hundreds and hundreds of pictures in the gallery my wife used to own and in my own home and I'd be willing to bet you're going to find that Chuck's suggestion is the simplest and easiest to make work properly.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Dave Veilleux

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:10:09 am »

You have the right idea. Please take a look at www.ashanging.com where I am the VP of Business Development. Yes, I am biased. However, we have completed over 20,000 installations and have learned a bit about hanging items from walls and ceilings.

We offer a wide variety of options from which you may select. Some are better for different installations or conform to differing interior decor styles. You may select rods or cables and only a track is permanently mounted above. No damage to your walls, no matter how many times you change the framed objects around - not even tiny holes cause by those objects mentioned in this thread.

We even offer a specialized hook (Utility Hook) in two sizes that would allow you to hang mounted prints, without the need for frames.

Take a look. Give us a call. Order some samples if you must. We are here to help.

Dave

jaapb

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 04:36:41 am »

Peter,

Also have a look here: http://www.stasgroup.com/en/

Michael used it in his gallery, and I am planning to have a closer look myself.

Jaap

PeterAit

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 10:59:59 am »

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with a "Click-Track" from AS Systems. I am quite happy with it. It was easy to install, even for a master klutz like me, and the results look really professional.
Pages: [1]   Go Up