Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon TS lens and stitching panoramas  (Read 3867 times)

Tim Ernst

Canon TS lens and stitching panoramas
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:21:37 pm »

Photomerge is wonderful, however you must drop down to 8 bit for it to work, which is not good - perhaps PS 9 will support this in 16 bit like it should. In the meantime, if you will do the reverse-shift technique with your TS-E lens (if you have an L bracket), then you can keep your file in 16 bit and align the images manually and just erase away the seam - if done correctly, it only takes a minute or two and the results are great, and you've got a 16 bit file...

Tim Ernst in Arkansas
http://www.Cloudland.net

David R. Gurtcheff

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:43:08 pm »

Thanks for the link.
Dave G.

David R. Gurtcheff

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 04:01:32 pm »

I've been wanting to try to make a panorama by stitching together two digital shots. I recently got a 24mm TS lens to use for architectural shots. I used this lens shift feature to make two shots with camera on a tripod. In Photoshop the "Automate" "Photomerge" feature worked a real miracle. I thought I would have to do a lot of lining up and blending, but Photoshop did it automatically in several seconds. The results are stunning; perfectly lined up and superimposed. I didn't know it was this easy! Just a tip if you have a TS lens.
Dave

francois

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 04:55:14 am »

...In the meantime, if you will do the reverse-shift technique with your TS-E lens (if you have an L bracket), then you can keep your file in 16 bit and align the images manually and just erase away the seam - if done correctly, it only takes a minute or two and the results are great, and you've got a 16 bit file...
For those interested in "reverse shifting", the technique is explained at the bottom of this article.

Francois
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up