Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice and opinions  (Read 25219 times)

Rob C

Re: advice and opinions
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 08:49:31 am »

the heels of the trade in that they appeal to the sensuality emanating

The trouble with much of this is simple: close to the end of it all, you realise that life is about three things: love, sex and the money to keep the two former aspects afloat. All else is window dressing.

Everything you can think of can be reduced down to those three needs. If you seek any profound truth about life, then forget the worthy tomes: it all lives, plain for all to see, in country and western songs, in the blues. You can fling clever semantic tricks around as long as you like, play syntax like a maestro, turn a phrase on the head of a pin as sweetly as the angels dancing there but, in the end, it’s that warm, shared bed and the full tummy that really, really dings your bell.

Or you are already dead, and just didn’t notice.

I like high heels on nice legs. 

Rob C 

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2011, 10:39:35 am »

Rob, My favorite physicist, Richard Feynman once said: "Nature's primary command is 'do it again.'" I'm not sure the quote is exactly right, but that was the gist of it. He hit the nail on the head, heels or no heels.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:19 am »

the heels of the trade in that they appeal to the sensuality emanating
I'm not sure I understand that reply but let's leave it at that. For once (!), I'd rather not argue with someone. Your landscapes are exquisite.

Jeremy

lorenzettifoto

• Andrea Lorenzetti photographer
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:14 am »

My English is not perfect and I would not fall into doubt, my passion for photography is landscape and I posted that picture because he was nominated, why not appeal to everyone.
I apologize to all those who have troubled soul, my goal is to denounce the violence.
Let's stop with this discussion and we talk about landscapes
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:25:33 am by lorenzettifoto »

Rob C

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 04:25:31 pm »

Lorenzo - si? - we talk about landscape here until the cows not only come home but fall asleep on their udders in exhaustion. It's one of the beauties of this station that you can drift away into things closer to the soul...

What's to be said about landscape, any photography? Some works and most doesn't; some people make a lot of money from it whilst others never sell a print. That's it: photography.

It's meeting some kindred or, for that matter, totally opposite minds that inspires the interest in posting here. Have a problem? Somebody is pretty sure to be willing and able to help you; another time it may be your turn to offer the aid. It's what keeps it cooking. Over the years you discover that some people remain tuned in whilst others fade away; some like to write and others just get their jollies from reading along; doesn't mean they don't get anything out of it because they don't say a lot. People are like that in life, too; every family has the noisy, exuberant member but also the silent one who does a lot of the hard work in the background. Often that's a woman. And we'd be dead without her, or if not quite dead, pretty miserable.

Fortunately, we aren't administered by strict disciplinarians.

Rob C

lorenzettifoto

• Andrea Lorenzetti photographer
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:29 pm »

grazing sheep
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up