Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: advice and opinions  (Read 25162 times)

popnfresh

Re: advice and opinions
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 10:13:32 am »

Andrea - all three shots are spectacular. I don't see anything much to quibble about. I suspect that there's more low value detail in #1 than I'm seeing on my monitor, despite the fact that it's calibrated. I'd love to see a really good print of it. The tree on the top of #3 makes up for the the lack of detail along the top edge. Graphically it's quite cool. All-in-all, these are three photographs any respectable art gallery would be proud to hang on their walls. Congratulations!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:16:54 am by popnfresh »

lorenzettifoto

• Andrea Lorenzetti photographer
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 01:32:11 pm »

This image was taken on January 20 at 07.40am, the fog was thick and I've waited a long time to freeze the moment, I know this place and I knew very well that there was a house behind the fog

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:34 pm »

always on January 20 this time at 09.20am in the car while passing next to the lake of Holy Light I saw this house, I mounted the camera on a tripod with 70-200mm lens zoomed to 200 I also framing the reflection.
 I really love this picture, I find it very delicate

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 02:57:25 pm »

Surely, in the history of this site, no-one has made a more spectacular "first eight posts"?
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 03:09:34 pm »

Surely, in the history of this site, no-one has made a more spectacular "first eight posts"?

You could post this statement in the Coffee Corner's 'Did You Notice'.

;-)

Rob C

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 03:19:37 pm »

Hmmm, I think Timo might have run him close . . .

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:02 pm »

excuse my ignorance but I do not follow your comments

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 03:53:57 pm »

excuse my ignorance but I do not follow your comments

Andrea

It would take too long to explain, but we are actually paying you a huge compliment  8)

And both of the new shots are really good, too . . .

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 04:19:25 pm »

Andrea, To understand what John's saying, go down through the threads in User Critiques and find a post by Timo Löfgren. Then, go into his Summary. Check out his earlier posts as well as his more recent ones. As just about everyone on LuLa knows by now, I'm no fan of photographic landscapes. I'm convinced that a good painter can do better landscape than any photographer, but though you and Timo may not make me eat my words, the two of you at least make me nibble them. You can see and so can Timo.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »

I owe my growing photo also Luminous Landscape.
but now I'm boring you with my images and last image, load selected  at the sony award 2011
 This is the e-mail of the organisation:
 Sony World Photography Awards 2011
 Your Work Has Been selected for commendation Which is given to the top 50 images in Each category. The commended images will Appear on the course website in two But, Significantly, Also will feature in the official 2011 Sony World Photography Awards Winner's Book.

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 11:19:47 pm »

This, I'm afraid, I really don't like. Please stick to georgeous landscapes.

Jeremy

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 01:18:26 am »

This, I'm afraid, I really don't like. Please stick to georgeous landscapes.

Jeremy
+1
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

popnfresh

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 01:41:45 am »

I owe my growing photo also Luminous Landscape.
but now I'm boring you with my images and last image, load selected  at the sony award 2011
 This is the e-mail of the organisation:
 Sony World Photography Awards 2011
 Your Work Has Been selected for commendation Which is given to the top 50 images in Each category. The commended images will Appear on the course website in two But, Significantly, Also will feature in the official 2011 Sony World Photography Awards Winner's Book.

You're certainly taking us down a different rabbit hole here. This is a disturbing image. I wouldn't want to hang it on my wall, but I can appreciate it for what it is and also for its flawless technical execution. BTW, congratulations on your commendation. And no, you're not boring us at all.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:51:58 am by popnfresh »

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 03:27:04 am »

sorry I rambled.
Do you know the gallery Photolark Gallery.com?
asked my images
http://stores.photolarkgallery.com/-strse-Photographs/Categories.bok

Rob C

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 08:34:20 am »

Your 'violence' shot is probably more interesting than all of the landscapes put together. The trouble with landscape is that it's God's handiwork and not the photographer's: all the camera does is edit what's there and then mess with it even further afterwards.

However, setting up model shots (I hope this is a set-up) depends entirely on the skill and imagination of the team of people concerned. That's why, put simplistically, I prefer people shots and always have. Without the people, nothing would have existed. I see that as a far greater validation for doing photography at all than catching something that's already there, however pretty or unusual.

Rob C

RSL

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:09 am »

Rob, As you know, I normally ignore landscapes and refuse to comment on them, or if I do comment my comment usually echoes Walker Evans's famous: "so what?". But both Andrea and Timo can see! Very, very few landscape photographers can do that. I think I'd also add Chuck Kimmerle to that list on the basis of his winter work in North Dakota. The three of them are about the only landscapers I've seen on LuLa who don't rate a "so what?".

I'd love to see Andrea do some street work, but his "violence" shot doesn't fall into that category. It's staged and it's derivative, and I can find essentially that same picture in just about any magazine that carries "detective" stories, or propaganda about violence toward women.

I agree with you that the vast majority of good photographs feature people in one way or another, or at least feature their handiwork. But we disagree about the "violence" picture. That's unusual.

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 01:10:57 pm »

my photograph on violence is part of a work entitled the truth behind the door, taken from a real story that he told me a friend who has been raped. After the story I imagined the story in my own way trying to highlight a problem throughout the world (one in three women has been raped), it is not a nice story, but a complaint against this crime

RSL

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 01:29:28 pm »

(one in three women has been raped)

Andrea, That's the kind of off-the-wall statistic which, if you're going to toss it out, demands a reference to its source.

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 01:51:25 pm »

a way of saying that there are many forms of violence

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 01:59:42 pm »

camden town
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up