Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What paper and canvas do you use on your ipf8300?  (Read 2169 times)

SignBoy

What paper and canvas do you use on your ipf8300?
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »

Hi,

What paper and canvas do you like to use on your ipf8300 and what do you hate?
Thanks,

Greg

Shark_II

Re: What paper and canvas do you use on your ipf8300?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:23:02 pm »

Hi,

What paper and canvas do you like to use on your ipf8300 and what do you hate?
Thanks,

Greg

Your question is so open-ended and non-specific as to have no relevance.

It is like asking "what sort of car do you like".  How is that supposed to help you?

If you have specific purposes in mind, then ask away.

Tom 

SignBoy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 03:37:54 pm »

I will use my ipf8300 for the following jobs:
- printing pictures on paper
- printing pictures on canvas
- printing posters
- printing labels
Thanks,

Greg

Light Seeker

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »

I've had good results with the following on my 8300. . .   Lyve / Timeless, Canson Rag Photographique, Canson BFK Rives, Epson Hot Press Natural and Cone Type 5. I have a few test sheets of Canson Platine and I like what I see so far.

I think that you will find that most / all of the current favorites work very well in the printer. Which you prefer is of course a very personal choice.

Terry.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 05:37:26 pm »

Have been getting some really brilliant canvases on Lexjet SSMC, an OBA canvas strictly speaking intended for decor work.  Reminds me of Optica 1.

Makes very saturated, dramatic prints on Lyve, but too much texture for me.  If you like to print dark this is for you.

Ran a couple small prints on Canson Rag Photographique.  Very, very handsome looking matte prints.  I think a lot of people on this forum would like that look.  Good choice for matte surface exhibition printing.

Decent prints on too-thin Epson Enhanced Matte.  Not up to Canson quality, but close.

Sparkly 8.5 x 11's on Canon Glossy II from Best Buy.  Mirror-glossy prints don't get any better than that.

Based on that much testing, I'm sure that if the box says "for inkjet" on it, it'll print on the 8300.

Haven't found anything I hate, yet.

Shark_II

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »

I will use my ipf8300 for the following jobs:
- printing pictures on paper

How unique!  Who would ever have thought of printing on paper!

All you are going to get from questions so non-specific is a litany of papers everyone likes.  It has already started as a matter of fact.

I like some photo rag stuff, some satin finish, some glossy, some art matte, some watercolor papers and a couple of barytas.... depending on what the prints are for.  See where this is going?

If you have some specific use for the prints people could give you more help.

Otherwise just Google "inkjet paper" and have a ball.

Tom

Randy Carone

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:45:27 pm »

Greg,

Most of the majors (Epson, Canson, Innova, Hahnemuhle, etc.) now offer sample packs. Generally, they offer two sheets each of the sampled papers. The packs are relatively inexpensive and are a great way to sample papers before you commit to full boxes or rolls. Paper is so subjective that it is really a personal choice between you and you client. The sample packs (and swatch books) are also a good way to show your clients the available papers so they can make an informed decision.
Randy Carone

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 02:23:37 pm »

Yeah the sample packs are great.  The only problem is, it usually takes a half-dozen prints to really zero in on a new media.  But even so, just being able to see the surface textures will likely whittle down the papers you might want to pursue to maybe 1/10 what they were before.

Light Seeker

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 02:52:28 pm »

Yeah the sample packs are great.  The only problem is, it usually takes a half-dozen prints to really zero in on a new media.

The 10 packs are really nice that way. I have a Canson Platine 10 pack that has been nice to work with.

Terry.

Shark_II

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 03:10:05 pm »

Yeah the sample packs are great.  The only problem is, it usually takes a half-dozen prints to really zero in on a new media. 

Not to mention have a profile done (or doing one yourself).

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up