Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apo-Sironar Digital lens 55mm 4.5  (Read 1644 times)

johnasmith

• johnsmithphotography.net
Apo-Sironar Digital lens 55mm 4.5
« on: April 16, 2011, 08:48:58 pm »

I have been buying lens for my RL3D camera 43mm Schenider,70mmw Rodenstock,and just picked up my Apo Sironar Digital 55mm 4.5
150 mm Friday.I have heard from others that the 55mm lens was not the same optical design as the w series lens but HPmarketing told
me that the 35mm through the 18omm in the Apo Sironar Digital lens were the same as the w series .That when there current stock ran
out that the 35 through the 180s would be rebanded the w series lens.The reason for buying these lens is for the large image circles.Now
today I shot test images of a church where there was lots detail with the 43mm Schneider and the 55mm Rodenstock lens,sharpened
them and made 30x40 prints on a Zbe Chromira which I have in my Studio.The 55mm was killer sharp,just as good as my 43mm Schneider,
so I hope this might help someone who is looking at these lens.However I have not tested the others for those I cannot say anything
about them.Also these len s have 6 micron  resolving power,and that big image circle I used A p65 phase back for test.the 30x40 from
the 55mm looks like it was shot from 8x10 camera
John A.Smith
Hendersonville, NC
johnsmithphotography.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up