Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4000 pro printer FS  (Read 1101 times)

fnagy

• www.franknagyphotography.com
Epson 4000 pro printer FS
« on: April 15, 2011, 08:36:23 pm »

I have an Epson 4000 printer for sale, good clean condition, used only in studio to print personal work and portfolio.  Ideal for someone who wants a dedicated B&W printer if you use 3rd party monochrome inks.  Toronto area.  Best offer.
Love & Peace
Frank

Peter Devos

Re: Epson 4000 pro printer FS
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:08:05 pm »

Epson 4000 pro printer FS  incorporates a unique wide printer design with all the latest ink, print head and printer engine technologies.

No it does not, in fact in these days one can't even get one sold for a decent price here in europe. But! It simply is a great printer. I am using a Epson 4000 printer a 4880 , a 9600 and a 9800 but i have never heard a client complaining about printing quality of the 4000. My 4000 came from a pre press company, had run almost 24/7 had more than 275 liters ink count and is since i bought it 4 years ago printing almost on a daily basis.
For printing color, that is not for proofing, or B/W with a good rip or ink set, the 4000 is an indestructable printer. It's like the duracell bunny.....

guilder

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:07:39 am »

I'll second Peter on this one. The Epson Stylus Pro 4000 is a fantastic printer (though obviously, limited to 17-inches wide). The larger 7600 and 9600 of the same generation take only 7 ink cartridges, while the 4000 takes all 8, so it can do matte black and photo black prints sequentially. With the larger printers, tons of ink is wasted (not to mention, filling up the waste ink tank) when swapping between the matte and photo blank ink cartridges. In addition, the 4000 has a paper tray, which is great for printing on up to 17x22 cut sheet paper.

I recently started up my Epson 4000 after maybe 9 months of non-use. Just for fun, I tried making a print immediately, and nothing came out. Nothing! But after doing the suggested "power cleaning" (which flushes some ink through for each color, but doesn't seem to waste all that much ink), it was back up and running. Not to mention, some of the inks I'm using expired in 2006!

While the 4000 is several years (and a few generations) old, I have absolutely no hesitation using mine for any type of printing application.

dgpaterson2010

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »

I have a much-loved SP4000, and it is a fantastic printer. But when I switched it on this morning, 4 of the 8 inks showed as empty, although there is plenty of ink in all the cartridges (I weighed them, just to be sure).

Has anyone experienced this, and is there a fix?

D.Paterson
Pages: [1]   Go Up