Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 printing partial prints  (Read 4651 times)

LandonW

Epson 9900 printing partial prints
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:01:29 pm »

First things first, hello all. I am a newbie to LFP and the Epson 9900. I have been learning the 9900 for the past 3-4 months and beside color matching issues and profiles the 9900 has been operating and producing prints without major problems. Yesterday I went to print a sample test strip and the 9900 only printer about 4"x4" area of a 44"x4" cropped image.The 4x4 area is on the right side of the canvas. When I print full sized images (44"x 60") there are no problems.  I have not altered any of the drivers or changed any settings during the printing process. I am working with a mac pro with OS 10.6.7 and CS5. I also have a back up Imac 27" with the same OS that is producing the same results. For S&G I also hooked up a PC running windows 7 and CS5, same results. This happened after two weeks of normal activity.

My workflow has been constant and the settings for the Hahnemule Monet Canvas are set in CS5. I have reset the 9900, uninstalled the Epson software & drivers on both machines, unplugged the printer over night, all to no avail.

Has anyone had similar problems? Advice?

JohnHeerema

• Dr. John Heerema
    • http://www.heerema.ca
Re: Epson 9900 printing partial prints
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 07:44:15 am »

Just to check - did you change the paper size in the driver setting to be the size of your test strip? The Epson driver needs you to define every different print length you use as a separate paper size (so you end up with a lot of custom page sizes).

LandonW

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:43:15 am »

I did that, 44x4 was the test strip dimension. When I print a full size image it works fine.

I have changed the test strip dimensions from 44x4 to 44x3 to 44x5 to 44x7 and every time the printer only prints 4x4-4x3-4x5-4x7.

I have uninstalled everything epson, re-installed, updated drivers etc...

My next step is to plan a sacrifice to the printing gods. Do they prefer yard bird or goats?   

hilljf

• http://photos.johnfhill.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:47:24 am »

Check your network.  This happened to me and the cause was incorrect port prioritty settings on my network router.

John

LandonW

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 12:14:09 pm »

I have a usb and ethernet cable running to the printer directly from the mac pro. I have detached both, turned the printer off and connected then again.

JohnHeerema

• Dr. John Heerema
    • http://www.heerema.ca
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 12:39:08 pm »

Again, just to be sure we've covered the basics, did you change your orientation from landscape to portrait? Your symptoms are consistent with printing in landscape mode to a paper size which is defined in portrait orientation. My apologies in advance if this was the very first thing you thought of!

LandonW

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »

I did change the orientation of the file. I also would assume that not changing that would place the printable area to the center of the canvas. My 4x4-5-7 print is always on the right of the printable area. I can re size the image and print the entire file but anytime I apply a crop or a change in canvas size I get the same resulting 4 by x print and not a 44" by x (x= the cropped dimension or canvas size).  [__________x_]

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:56 pm »

Have you checked the print orientation--landscape vs. portrait, for the paper you are using? Had this happen to me when I go from an image that's been printed on sheet then run in on the roll paper and find that this setting was wrong.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

GamutGirl

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »

We had issues with prints smaller than 6" in length. Anything less than that and what you described would happen. Try making it 44x6 and see if that works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up