Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New computer!  (Read 1261 times)

KeithR

New computer!
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:51:32 pm »

I recently finished putting together a new system(my first build) and have installed all my software(CS5 & LR3 included). On former computers, I had everything(programs, preferences, etc) on one drive and and saved copies to external drives. The system I have now has a 120gb(stat 6gb/s ssd for the os(win 7-64bit) and the programs. I also have a 1tb(7200rpm sata 6gb/s) hard drive along with a 500 & 250gb(5400rpm sata 3gb/s) from my former computer. I haven't completely set up CS5 & LR3 as I'm wondering about using the non ssdrives for the cache. Any thoughts on location and size? The cpu is an i7-2600(3.4ghz) quad 4 and 16gb of ram.
I'm also going back over the LuLa LR3 tutorials and need to get a better understanding about moving files. I did move most everything off my old computer and stored it to one of the externals, but now I need to reestablish them in LR3. Again, any tips? 
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Re: New computer!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 12:38:59 am »

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/photoshop/pdfs/PhotoshopCS5_performance.pdf

For Lightroom, just browse within LR to the new location of the folder, it will discover items within..... (assuming you left folder structure itself intact)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:46:56 am by John.Murray »
Pages: [1]   Go Up