Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparison at Capture Integration  (Read 2712 times)

drigatti

Comparison at Capture Integration
« on: April 14, 2011, 04:41:03 pm »

An Alpa STC is on its way, with two 60 and 120 Schneiders. I was still looking around for the digital back, and I found this very interesting comparison in the Capture Integration website:http://www.captureintegration.com/tests/comparisons/. P1 Vs Leaf Vs Hasselblad. Are the P1s - even the 40 Mega - really so superior? or is it the software? or is it the lens? Is there any test around just amongst digital backs (same lens, same camera)?

Thank you for your input.

Diego

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Comparison at Capture Integration
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »

An Alpa STC is on its way, with two 60 and 120 Schneiders. I was still looking around for the digital back, and I found this very interesting comparison in the Capture Integration website:http://www.captureintegration.com/tests/comparisons/. P1 Vs Leaf Vs Hasselblad. Are the P1s - even the 40 Mega - really so superior? or is it the software? or is it the lens? Is there any test around just amongst digital backs (same lens, same camera)?

Diego

As suggested in the link, the best test is the one you will do when you have your camera and lenses, in your typical environment and at your pace ;)
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

acg

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:05 am »

It looks to me that the Aptus back used in the comparison might need shimmering. I do not think Aptus is much worse comparing to PhaseOne.

stewarthemley

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:10 am »

...I found this very interesting comparison in the Capture Integration website:http://www.captureintegration.com/tests/comparisons/. P1 Vs Leaf Vs Hasselblad. Are the P1s - even the 40 Mega - really so superior? or is it the software? or is it the lens?...

Diego
Could it be that the default settings in the software are causing an apparent superiority? Personally, I'm a little surprised that such a competent outfit as CI decided that default settings were useful in this situation. It's well known that C One software has more of a boosted feel at default than Phocus. I prefer the more natural look that Phocus offers and reckon I'm able to chose for myself if I want to exaggerate any aspects of an image.

drigatti

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 04:33:38 pm »

Thank you for the tip, Yaya, but unfortunately in Milan there is no dealer where I can do such a comparison. And those tests on the web are actually made for that: to facilitate the choice of an expensive tool, but apparently in this case the test is useless, if not deceiving. So there is no alternative on the web, apparently...

Diego

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »

Since I'm the first to respond I can suggest that you start with Leaf...
Call A/D Imaging in Milano and ask to speek to Alessandro d'Atti

With Leaf and with Phase One you can use the same body & lenses as the systems are similar

Cheers

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

drigatti

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:42:05 am »

Thank you, Yair. Actually I know Alessandro, he is terrific: professional and kind, he already loaned a Phase-One/Leaf Aptus II 8 to me last year; his office is 1 km from my house (P1 40km, Hasselblad 15 km.). What is complicated is to collect the three of them (and two shimmed Alpa backs: one for the P1/Leaf family, and the Hassy one) for a week-end test.
That's the reason why I would have been happy to find some info, comparison and resources on the web. Ciao, Diego

Baluga

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:00 am »

Dear Mr Rigatti, actually I already organized in my studio a test with Leaf and Phase back. Even so there is always a personal opinion which let point one or the other back. In any case if You care I will try to set a new comparison test. Obviously Hasselblad would be missing, but I think it is not necessary. I will keep You informed when.

drigatti

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »

Thank you Baluga. When ready, please write directly to the following email address drigatti@orrick.com.
Diego

drigatti

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:34:28 pm »

So no comment from Doug, or anybody else at Capture Integration? maybe you can explain to us what is the meaning of the test, what was it meant for, why such different results in the performances...

Thank you for any comment, or input, anyway.

Diego
Pages: [1]   Go Up