Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flextight X5- could use some clarification  (Read 2900 times)

hacimd

Flextight X5- could use some clarification
« on: April 14, 2011, 01:15:40 pm »

Scanning with Flexcolor software or scanning within Flexcolor using the 3F mode, the file type can be saved as an "FFF"- I am guessing that this is similar to a "DNG", Flexcolor's raw format?
I feel that I have much better control doing my color adjustments using camera raw.  Once I have my scan, is there a way to preserve that RAW file and open it in Photoshop camera raw?  Does anyone else have similar problems with this?  Or is this just a way that Hasselblad wants you to rely on their software and you are forced to save as a Tiff?

I have also heard different opinions about choosing the film type or selecting Negative RGB standard.  Is it true that choosing the film type pre-sets adds unnecessary color to your scan, rather than selecting Negative RGB standard-which other photographers have mentioned using.  Often the pre-set looks better from the start(to me at least), but I was taught that you don't want to add any unnecessary info and try to get the most accurate scan possible.  Basically, I'm curious about the steps others take to make color adjustments in Flexcolor and at what point do you switch over to Photoshop for postwork/sizing for print?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.   ??? ???Thanks!

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Flextight X5- could use some clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:07:53 am »

Scanning with Flexcolor software or scanning within Flexcolor using the 3F mode, the file type can be saved as an "FFF"- I am guessing that this is similar to a "DNG", Flexcolor's raw format?

Ah, no..it's Imacon/Hasselblad's misguided attempts at redefining a basic TIFF format...you seriously won't get any bennie's from saving as a 3F format vs TIFF...just save our as a 16bit TIFF and you should be fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up