Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Profile in ACR 6.x (Adobe Standard) color issue.  (Read 52564 times)

b2martin

Re: Camera Profile in ACR 6.x (Adobe Standard) color issue.
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 10:41:57 am »

Thanks for that input.  I understand the difference between "Clear Color Adjustments" and "Clear All Adjustments". 

If you open an image in the DNG Profile Editor, select a camera profile in the "Color Tables" tab, generate adjustments using the "Chart" tab, clear adjustments (Edit > Clear Color Adjustments) and then save a profile, what characteristics does the profile have?

I assume the profile will have the tone and saturation characteristics of the profile selected under the "Color Tables" tab, but what defines the color tables?

I generated profiles using this approach for all Nikon Camera and Adobe profiles and the color is the same, but tone and satruation of the image is the same or very close to the same as the profile selected as the base profile in the "Color Tables" tab. 

If I generate a profile without clearing the color adjustments the biggest difference I see is in the Red's. 

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 02:03:14 pm »

Using your approach, the final profile inherits the tone curve, original color correction tables (not the 3D look table), and color matrices from the original base profile that you started from.
Eric Chan

Raw shooter

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »

Apparently, the Adobe Standard Camera Profile is no longer an option in ACR 6.6.  It is gone.
The ACR 4.4 is now, again, the closest match to 'very careful' custom profiles created with Xrite ColorChecker Passport software.
The continued evolution of Camera Raw's software has been an interesting ride. While being a committed fan of the Adobe Raw technology, I guess the expectation is the "Camera Standard" or default camera profile would be a closer match (not sure what the default is now).  Seems the canned camera profiles (camera specific) are being relegated to a set of artistic options instead of a universal standard - or starting point.
Either way, I have found the experience with camera profiles to be a major advance in my personal photography.  My custom profiles are so good that I almost can't believe working again, without them. The other side of this experience is that before the arrival of the Adobe Standard in ACR 6.x, I didn't even know that camera profile management was even needed.  A wonderful ride indeed!

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 03:54:54 am »

Apparently, the Adobe Standard Camera Profile is no longer an option in ACR 6.6.  It is gone.

My ACR 6.6 has Adobe Standard listed as a Camera Profile.

Raw shooter

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:31 am »

My ACR 6.6 has Adobe Standard listed as a Camera Profile.

The reference was a new Photoshop CS5 installation.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 12:35:06 pm »

Adobe Standard is the default color profile for all camera models newly supported since ACR 4.5.
Eric Chan

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 02:44:25 pm »

The reference was a new Photoshop CS5 installation.

I installed my CS5 less than one month ago.  I would think that if something had changed with the application, Adobe would have been updated.

But, it is very strange that you do not see the Adobe Standard profile in your copy.

Raw shooter

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 05:51:02 pm »

Here is my ACR 6.6.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

Something is wrong with your install. Did you happen to uninstall anything relating to ACR/LR after your CS5 install? I would suggest reinstalling. You might get away with downloading and installing the DNG 6.6 installer and see if that brings back the profiles.

Raw shooter

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »

Something is wrong with your install. Did you happen to uninstall anything relating to ACR/LR after your CS5 install? I would suggest reinstalling. You might get away with downloading and installing the DNG 6.6 installer and see if that brings back the profiles.
Thanks Jeff, but this computer Win 7, 64 bit, had Photoshop CS4 installed before.  I uninstalled Cs4 prior to the CS5 install.  That may have been the problem here.  Although I won't miss the camera profiles that are missing (Adobe Standard in particular) you most likely are correct on why they are not listed. Thanks for your reply.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up