Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breathing Color  (Read 3133 times)

kenben

Breathing Color
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:49:30 pm »

I know their Lye Canvas is very good.I have used it in my Epson R1900.
But what about there other papers.I do not hear them mentioned very much.

stefano

Re: Breathing Color
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:01 pm »

Kenben,

I have been printing on Vibrance Rag and have been very happy with it. I made my own profiles with a colormunky for my Epson 4900, and really like the results. I recently ran a 16 by 52 inch panorama on Vibrance Rag and got very good feedback.

I am about to experiment with Elegance Velvet, will post more once I have a chance to play with it, but I do like the feel and texture of this paper also.

Overall I am very happy with BC's products so far, and look forward to experiment with their Crystalline canvas as soon as they release it!

Stefano

rmyers

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:16:51 pm »

Kenben,
Do you have a profile for the Lyve and your R1900?  I just printed some targets to get a profile made.  Are you feeding the Lyve through the sheet feeder?  I am having trouble trying to feed it through the rear feed.

Sorry for the off topic.

kenben

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »

I feed from the top but I push the print button first to allow the printer to set up the canvas first.Saves a lot of hassle.

I use the watercolor profile icc that comes with the printer.I am really impressed with the results.That is what Paul Morales at BC told me to use.

Ken

rmyers

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 10:35:59 pm »

I will try the watercolor ICC.  Thanks for the tip. 

Can you explain a little more about pushing the print button first?  Do you mean you click print in the Epson window then load the canvas into the sheet feeder after the printer starts "searching" for paper?

kenben

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:06:08 am »

What I mean is put the canvas into feeder and press the 2nd button from left to load the canvas.I then proceed to print.That is the button beside the power button.

rmyers

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:36 am »

Ahh.  Many thanks.  Will give it a try.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:37:49 am »

I have had excellent results with BCs Optica One (smooth), Elegance Velvet Platinum (light texture), and the Vibrance Rag. The Vibrance Lustre is also an excellent inexpensive photo paper with a bit more heft than similar papers (compare Epson lustre or Kodak lustre).  I also use Lyve canvas.  All with custom profiles.

ken

kenben

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:28:06 am »

Ken which breathing color do you reccommend for landscape fine art.

Ken

stefano

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 10:18:56 am »

For landscapes I would either recommend Vibrance Rag (Baryta gloss) or Optica one (smooth matte) - both hold excellent detail. For more painterly images I like Elegance Velvet due to the watercolor like surface texture.

Just another satisfied BC user,

Stefano

Inanda Images

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »

I have printed about five rolls of 44" Lyve to date and am very happy with it. When I needed customer support from Breathing Color they were very quick to respond on their dime, I wish Epson was as good. Since the 9880 is on matte inks I run the Lyve & Elegance Velvet Platinum. The EVP has replaced Epson's Somerset Velvet on my printers. Both laminate well with Timeless and are my primary matte papers. On the 7900 I still find Ilford Gallerie Gold still to me my standard and again laminates quite nicely. I have just finished framing Epson's Lustre, Ilford Galerie Gold and BC's Lyve & EVP and have them in a row in the gallery wall. I haven't been able to decide which I like best yet. I am a Breathing Color user & fan.

Mark Prins
Inanda Images
Whitehorse YT
Pages: [1]   Go Up