Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hassie Back on a Tech Camera  (Read 2204 times)

BillOConnor

Hassie Back on a Tech Camera
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:49:37 pm »

I ran across a good buy on a H3Dii-39MS and since I shoot mostly Fine Art for my profession, the MS capability has its place for me. I hadn't seriously considered the Hassie until now, so I'm thinking I read that to use the back on a Tech camera, it must be tethered to a hard drive. Is this true? If so, does the drive have to have its own power?
I know using the MS mode on a Tech camera requires an electronic shutter on the lens and being tethered to a computer, but what about single-shot mode?

Thanks

Bill

design_freak

Re: Hassie Back on a Tech Camera
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:55 pm »

I ran across a good buy on a H3Dii-39MS and since I shoot mostly Fine Art for my profession, the MS capability has its place for me. I hadn't seriously considered the Hassie until now, so I'm thinking I read that to use the back on a Tech camera, it must be tethered to a hard drive. Is this true? If so, does the drive have to have its own power?
I know using the MS mode on a Tech camera requires an electronic shutter on the lens and being tethered to a computer, but what about single-shot mode?

Thanks

Bill

If you find CF39MS, use CF card and Sony NP-F battery as a power source. In H3DII 39 MS you need to have computer ( DB will take power via FW cable) .
 If you want use DB on tech camera, you must start thinking about Leaf or PhaseOne digital back ;-)  Bear in mind that MS is usable only for total static objects.

Best regards,
Design Freak

Best regards,
DF

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:34 pm »

You can use an Imagebank II as well. There are also several other power solutions that are cheaper than the Imagebank II (pose your question on the Hasselblad Digital Forum). You can only do multishot using a tethered connection to a computer.

design_freak

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:39:42 pm »

Please think about that before you buy it. Everybody exchange Hasselblad right now to Leaf or Phase One. Hasselblad  have a lot of problems with software.
I used a Hasselblad for 6 years. I always thought it was excellent equipment. But now since I'm using P1, feels like another world. Nothing is crashing, do not have to stop work every moment. What was very stressful during the session, where an advertising agency with a client was behind my back. Now I have no such problems. Ask yourself why this guy sells you the equipment in such an attractive price. In my opinion, he had had enough of this equipment and want to get rid of it quickly
Best regards,
DF

rhsu

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 06:20:02 pm »

Please think about that before you buy it. Everybody exchange Hasselblad right now to Leaf or Phase One. Hasselblad  have a lot of problems with software.
I used a Hasselblad for 6 years. I always thought it was excellent equipment. But now since I'm using P1, feels like another world. Nothing is crashing, do not have to stop work every moment. What was very stressful during the session, where an advertising agency with a client was behind my back. Now I have no such problems. Ask yourself why this guy sells you the equipment in such an attractive price. In my opinion, he had had enough of this equipment and want to get rid of it quickly

Bill,  I sincerely concur with the quote above.  I now have both P1 and Sinar and both have NOT had any issues with tech cameras (plural) and with Copal shutters anymore.  There's wisdom to be gain from the all the chaps above!  Good luck!

Nick-T

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »

Hasselblad  have a lot of problems with software.

Maybe for you
I just shot 600 frames of rugby players in my studio with 25 people standing about watching. I ran phocus mobile on the iPad so people could see the images away from the workstation. Shoot went without a hitch (it needed to).
Sorry to hear of your problems.
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 02:58:00 am »

Maybe for you
I just shot 600 frames of rugby players in my studio with 25 people standing about watching. I ran phocus mobile on the iPad so people could see the images away from the workstation. Shoot went without a hitch (it needed to).
Sorry to hear of your problems.

Hi Nick,
Maybe for me... maybe not only ...
We had several cameras, with all the problems we had. The biggest problem was communication between the camera and computer. Often hung up the camera itself, which was really annoying. We had several large sessions per month. We also was conducted equipment rental, unfortunately, our customers were not happy. There was a session that did not appear nervous atmosphere, caused by downtime due to hardware problems. The most painful that I lost many customers. This is very sad, very I have been associated with this brand ... Now I see that I unnecessarily lost nerves, loss health.
Best regards,
DF

BillOConnor

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 09:30:14 am »

This forum is so valuable because it brings real world experience to often subjective reasons why we choose one piece of equipment over another.

Back in the late 70's, I bought a Rolleiflex SLX. A camera so beautiful it could be in a museum, with sharp Zeiss lenses, loads of features so new then that we have come to expect. Problem? The lithium-ion battery hadn't been invented yet. The batteries, only available from Rollei were $100 apiece, went flat in a few months and left the shooter, me, high and dry all too often.
Digital camera versions of this parable are even more common and scarier.

Thanks guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up