Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhoto  (Read 949 times)

toffer79

iPhoto
« on: April 10, 2011, 12:02:47 pm »

Lent my Mac to a buddy who thought it wise to upgrade all the software resulting in the following problem that I need a little help with...

iPhoto was upgraded from v6 to v8 and seems to have saved all the .CR2, .jpg files in one iPhoto library (at 36Gb) rather than the individual files that I could previously see in v6.

iPhoto was initially opening but wouldn't link to most of the images in the library and all actions took an age. It now doesn't even open, it just hangs, and I need access to the individual files to backup.

This may be compounded by the fact that I'm using a 4 year old MacBook. I do have most, but not all, of these pics saved elsewhere and have saved a copy of the v8 library to an external drive.

Any help Re: getting access to the individual files much appreciated.

Ta
Toffer

solardarkroom.com

• http://www.solardarkroom.com
Re: iPhoto
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:59:09 am »

I believe you can access your photos in the iPhoto database (your 36GB file) by right (control) clicking and choosing "Show Package Contents". I'm afraid though that all your images will have been renamed to database nonsense. I'm unable to confirm anything as I write this but hope this will get you started. Good luck!

toffer79

Re: iPhoto
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:59:00 am »

Great thanks! It works (slightly  :-[ that I didn't see that). Images renamed but I can deal with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up