Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9890 Print History  (Read 1673 times)

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
9890 Print History
« on: April 09, 2011, 06:51:44 pm »

I'm loving how the "Job History" function of the 9890 keeps track of the ink and paper usage of the last 10 jobs. It's really helpful for tracking costs, but I'd like to be able to see this information on my Mac or better yet, download this information so that I don't have to manually go through the printer menus and key it into Excel. Is anyone aware of a utility that might help me out here? I've practiced my Google Fu but I'm not seeing anything helpful on the web.

BTW: for a machine that costs in the neighbourhood of $6K it would be nice if Epson put a bit more effort into documentation - just sayin'.

plui

Re: 9890 Print History
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:42 am »

I dont have a 9890 but have an 11880 which I monitor with "Epson LFP Remote Panel" on a i7 hackintosh/macpro clone. It does all you've mentioned -- check and print ink status, last 10 obs, have emails sent to you after each print, etc...  Just install it and then run it and select "Printer Watcher" from the list of available functions.  I downloaded it from the epson site, there's a Mac OS X Snow Leopard section...

It would surprise me if it didn't work with the 9890. 

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:32 am »

Cool thanks!  :D

I'll check that out when I get home tonight. I've been using the "Epson Printer Utility 4" app which does the same kind of reporting, but in a really half-assed way. I didn't even realize there was another utility.

Inanda Images

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »

I am not sure how to access the job logs in a mac, I am on a windows box, Win 7 & a 9880, when I right click the Print Watcher icon there is a option to show job logs. Open that you get a tab delimited file. Save that file as a text file and you then can import the file into excel.

If you run Qimage you may have to reset or re-initialize the printer through that program since my experiance
is that sometimes I will find that my printer driver slowing down as in five minutes to initialize the printer driver in any program and the job logs are inaccessible. Resetting the printer in Qimage made all these issues go away. Ah no Qimage for a mac so not an issue. Hope this helps.

Mark Prins
Inanda Images

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 11:05:32 am »

I'm not sure it's the same on the mac. I've tried every which way to get it to work but I just don't see an option.

BTW: it looks like the option is in LPF Remote Panel (which I use with a 9800) but it's been removed from LPF Remote Panel 2 that I have to use for the 9890.  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up