Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oxygen Scan Question  (Read 2712 times)

slbowen

Oxygen Scan Question
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:36:57 pm »

Can anyone tell me if later versions of Oxygen Scan (I have 2.6.1) allow more control over the size and orientation of the preview?  My crop is the entire length of the scanner bed, which when presented vertically comes out real small (1.5" wide on my monitor).  I tried and failed to get a rotated monitor to work on my G5.  I change my resolution to 800x600 to get it maximally large.  Any ideas?   Here is what the preview of a scan for me might look like:

Thanks.

Susan
http://www.susanbowenphoto.com

framah

Re: Oxygen Scan Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:24:03 pm »

Not quite sure if i'm reading this right but...

When you open the file in PS, just rotate it.

Same thing with your trying to find set points... just scan it  and then make adjustments in PS. What will help you is to place a white/black/gray card next to your film strips so you can set it from that.
I have an iQsmart2 scanner and as far as I can see, these things aren't in the program.  I couldn't find anything that allows you to enlarge just so you can see better.
That's why you open the file in PS and do the work there. Everything you are trying to do might take all of 20 seconds in PS.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

slbowen

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »

framah: It seems to me that Oxygen or even the DT toned plug-in for Photoshop applies what it thinks is a good crop analysis even if my intent is to use Photoshop instead to do my adjustments.  So I don't know if I can open an unadjusted image in Photoshop.... or at least not if I want the conversion from orange-ish color negative to positive.

It seems to me there is always an initial crop analysis applied.... unless I find some other way to change color negative looking image to positive.

framah

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:11:36 am »

Have you tried calling the tech reps at Kodak?

I just got done with a week of working with them on a problem with my scanner and they finally had me download the latest version so it would work with Mac O/S 10.6.
Pretty much solved the problem tho their software is still kinda glitchy... sort  of temperamental.

Call 1-800-472-2727 extension 5921 and see if you can get thru.

sorry I couldn't help much.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up