Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad HC 50mm-II  (Read 17622 times)

Nick-T

Re: Hasselblad HC 50mm-II
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 05:50:25 pm »

Sorry Design Freak, my mistake. What is your background with hasselblad? I too was wondering about your change in attitude towards the company.
Cheers
Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 05:58:08 pm »

Does anybody have any experience with the Hasselblad HC 50mm-II lens?

Would there be any reason to buy this lens if you already own the 35mm and the 80mm?

Thanks, Joris.

What do you like to kmnow about it?

I have it, I have the 35, the 50-II- the 80( i used this 2 times) do like the 80? I don't know I want to sale it.  I have the 50-110, 150,300.   All, all, working great.  But i can't say anything about the 80, like I said i used it 2 times..no even outside just inside the house.  You want it, its all yours for 900.  What do you own?
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

design_freak

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 06:24:46 pm »

It is funny. Up until several months ago you were almost a Hasselblad fanboy. Defending everything up until the point it was almost ridiculous. Now you are the opposite? What happened and what made you sound like a disgruntled ex-customer?

Sure the HC50II will be hard to get. It has only been recently announced. Yes, Hasselblad made a big mistake with the 60MP announcement but besides that they certainly don't have the exclusivity on slow delivery. I have been waiting 8 months for my Nikon AF-S85/1.4. 6months for the 24/1.4. 6months before I could get my hands on a D200, I am waiting almost a year now on the 150cm indirect from Elinchrom, etc... I think everyone can name some things that have taken (or are taking) forever before they actually became available. Heck, there are even things that have been promised which never materialized. Where is the wireless promised by P1 years ago?

I gather you aren't even a Hasselblad customer anymore, why the nagging about a 50 that you probably will not be using in the first place? Unless you simply want to bitch, in that case I can give you some more ammo towards Hasselblad if you like?

I am still a big fan of the brand. Unfortunately, the changes were to be, unfortunately, are in the wrong direction. Once the brand had a clear goal. Christian Poulsen had something. Vision and charisma. Unfortunately, now you can not see. The company focuses on marketing, rather than focus on the really important things. Please remember who has used this equipment before. It was a reliable equipment for professionals. Excellent service, excellent technical support. Now, until the sad look, Victor Hasselblad turning in his grave. When everybody is waiting for the new model, showing that the camera had a passion to combine two legends. And showing us painted red camera, it was really embarrassing. (Anybody want to race with Leica in this respect?) Someone probably has no idea of the brand. It is better to get someone to focus on really important issues, the client will not wait for 1.5 years at the camera and the lenses 6 months as now. I hope you read this the right person, Shriro Group management. Good luck.
Best regards,
DF

JV

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 10:47:16 pm »

I have it, I have the 35, the 50-II- the 80( i used this 2 times) do like the 80? I don't know I want to sale it.  I have the 50-110, 150,300.   All, all, working great.  But i can't say anything about the 80, like I said i used it 2 times..no even outside just inside the house.  You want it, its all yours for 900.  What do you own?

Thanks for the reply and confirming that it is working great.  Much appreciated!

Additional questions:
1) did you ever own the original 50?  If so, is there a big improvement?
2) I wonder, and given that you own the 50-110 this is probably not for you, whether the 50-II has any additional value if you own the 35-90?

ghoonk

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 09:11:48 am »

Still keen to sell your 80 for $900? :)

I've been looking at the 50 Mk II and somehow still can't bring myself to ponying up $4.5k for that piece of glass, especially when the 50-110 is going for around USD4.5k used these days. No 50 Mk IIs on the used market at the moment, and I'm worried about the corner performance issues and some people complain about reliability issues. I'm planning to shoot some landscapes so I don't want corner softness.

What makes it odd is that the 50 was made for film. Given the 1.3x crop factor of the digital Hasselblads, you'd think it would utilize the center bits of the 'old' lens and corner softness wouldn't be as bad.

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

Yes, you will get it right now. If you order new one you could wait even 6 month ...

Sorry not true.  In the UK these lenses are in stock from the Pro Centre.  I have just bought one.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:12:05 pm by David Watson »
David Watson ARPS

gigdagefg

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »

The 300mm Hasselblad lens is outstanding for sharpness and reach. Also excellent with the 1.7 extender which equates to 510mm on a medium format camera. Also excellent with two 1.7 extenders attached for a total of 867mm on a medium format camera. Who else has this but Hasselblad?
I find it amazing when some participants on this forum criticize the Hasselblad lenses while I am winning contests with the amazing detail and resolution that the equipment provides

ondebanks

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 11:37:52 am »

The 300mm Hasselblad lens is outstanding for sharpness and reach. Also excellent with the 1.7 extender which equates to 510mm on a medium format camera. Also excellent with two 1.7 extenders attached for a total of 867mm on a medium format camera. Who else has this but Hasselblad?

Ummm...Mamiya/Phase One, and Pentax 645D, both exceed this. One (or two) 2x teleconverters on their 300mm lenses reach further than one (or two) 1.7x teleconverters on Hasselblad's 300mm.
Sure, the Mamiya and Pentax 2x converters are not autofocus, but neither is the 1.7x when used on on the Hasselblad 300mm lens.

Furthermore, the Mamiya 645 has 500mm lenses (three: f4.5, f5.6, f8) and the Pentax 645 has a 600mm f5.6; these can all take teleconverters as well. Hasselblad H doesn't have anything longer than 300mm; not without the expense of the CF adapter, and then the aperture is only f8 for the 500mm CF lens and f5.6 for the 350mm CF.

Not trying to start a war; nothing against Hasselblad; delighted you are winning contests; but you did ask the question, and I had to answer it!

I've seen one reference to a Zeiss Tele-Tessar 1000mm f8 for Hasselblad V. Anyone know anything about it? Leaf shutter, or for the focal plane shutter bodies? I know the Rollei SL66 (focal-plane shutter) line offered it as well.

Ray

theguywitha645d

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 12:11:37 pm »

I find it amazing when some participants on this forum criticize the Hasselblad lenses while I am winning contests with the amazing detail and resolution that the equipment provides

I have never seen a contest whose criteria for winning is resolving power and detail. Hell, I could blow away any Hasselblad with a 1.2MP camera on a compound microscope and motorized stages.

JV

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:34 pm »

I've seen one reference to a Zeiss Tele-Tessar 1000mm f8 for Hasselblad V. Anyone know anything about it? Leaf shutter, or for the focal plane shutter bodies? I know the Rollei SL66 (focal-plane shutter) line offered it as well.

There was a Zeiss Tele-Tessar PQ 1000mm/f8 which fits the Hy6 as well.  No experience nor further knowledge about it though.

The version that fits the SL66 is on eBay right now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rollei-1000mm-f8-Carl-Zeiss-Tele-Tessar-SL66-MINT-CASE-Can-use-5D-/170760631050#ht_500wt_922

ondebanks

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 05:54:34 pm »

Thanks for the info. Since there was a PQ version, it must have been a leaf shutter lens on Hasselblad too.

Ray

gigdagefg

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »

Ummm...Mamiya/Phase One, and Pentax 645D, both exceed this. One (or two) 2x teleconverters on their 300mm lenses reach further than one (or two) 1.7x teleconverters on Hasselblad's 300mm.
Sure, the Mamiya and Pentax 2x converters are not autofocus, but neither is the 1.7x when used on on the Hasselblad 300mm lens.

Furthermore, the Mamiya 645 has 500mm lenses (three: f4.5, f5.6, f8) and the Pentax 645 has a 600mm f5.6; these can all take teleconverters as well. Hasselblad H doesn't have anything longer than 300mm; not without the expense of the CF adapter, and then the aperture is only f8 for the 500mm CF lens and f5.6 for the 350mm CF.

Not trying to start a war; nothing against Hasselblad; delighted you are winning contests; but you did ask the question, and I had to answer it!

Ray

I was merely responding to a post that criticized the 300mm Hasselblad lens. Anyone who has had the privilege of using this lens would be thrilled by the results.

Stanley

ondebanks

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 06:40:35 am »

I was merely responding to a post that criticized the 300mm Hasselblad lens.

I don't think that would be anyone's reading of your "Who else has this but Hasselblad?" triumphal flourish. The criticism (unfounded, it would appear) of the 300mm Hasselblad lens came from within the Hasselblad fold (donaldt) - it's not like you had to defend the Hasselblad brand from those nasty fanboys of other brands. You could have just said what a super performer the 300mm is, alone and with its various 1.7x combinations; but you needlessly and inaccurately threw that in as well.

Ray

BrendanStewart

• http://www.symbolphoto.com
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 10:02:13 am »

I took a slightly different route. I got the 35-90 and the 100 2.2, i think these are the one two lenses i will ever own for Hasselblad. Both have amazing quality and i've been very happy with the output. I shoot mostly portraits and use it for some weddings etc...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up