Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help with iQSmart Scanner - NYC  (Read 1168 times)

slbowen

Need Help with iQSmart Scanner - NYC
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:30 am »

I want to hire someone to help me with my workflow with an iQSmart scanner.  I scan 1/2 of a roll of medium format film as one long scan (these being overlapping multiple exposures), and I have trouble getting good results.  Is there someone out there in the New York City area that could help me?  Thanks.

Susan

slbowen

Re: Need Help with iQSmart Scanner - NYC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:51 am »

Here is more info:

I shoot overlapping multiple exposures with a Holga.  I treat about 1/2 of a roll of medium format film as one image.  I scan a half of a roll in one scan, flip the negative and scan the other half (never having to cut the film, which is nice that the 11x17 bed works out that way).  So I only have one splice to have a file of the entire roll (I'm working with really big files).

With my old Epson scanner with Silverfast or Vuescan doing this process was no big deal.  It is probably the limitations of Oxygen Scan that is the problem for me, not the iQSmart itself.

I guess the main problem is that there is no way for me to zoom in to see what I'm looking at.   So it is hard to set any accurate endpoints.  Plus obviously I'm dealing with many separate exposures so what endpoints to pick would be problematic to begin with... though I got reasonable scans with the cheaper equipment.

So the issue is how to get a reasonable crop analysis when I'm working with a tiny visual representation.  Or how to turn off the crop analysis and do everything in Photoshop.  I was hoping the DT file would do that, but it seems not.

Anyway, that is what I'm struggling with and am seeking someone to hire to help me, so if anyone knows anyone, please contact me, thanks.

Susan
Pages: [1]   Go Up