Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cronulla Park at sunrise  (Read 1891 times)

Semillon

Cronulla Park at sunrise
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:16 am »

The view at sunrise from one of Sydney's southern beaches.

I took around 100 shots at various angles around these rocks as the sun came up, pictured below is my favorite of the session.

Seaside Suburb by Semillon81, on Flickr

armand

• Photos
Re: Cronulla Park at sunrise
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 12:43:42 pm »

I wonder how it would look if you were to take few steps to the left and turn the camera slightly to the right ...

popnfresh

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:47:50 pm »

I wonder how it would look if you were to take few steps to the left and turn the camera slightly to the right ...

+1
I was also wondering what it might look like in B&W.

spbimages

• SPBIMAGES
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »

I was wondering if you took a wider angle lens and got closer to the forground rocks and a little more to the right.  Another angle I would have tried is the rocks looking out to the ocean. It looks like the clouds might be interesting. Also BW would be interesting.

Semillon

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:06:07 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did actually try most of them, I settled on this "wide" rather than "ultra wide" focal length due to the fact I really wanted to include the arc of sand that had been carved out by the waves in the bottom right. This particular angle shows the soft glow of the rising sun as well as the shaded sides of the rocks, the view straight out to the ocean loses this contrast, though I did process several images to see how it would turn out.

If you were to look slightly to the right of the image, there is a very cluttered coastline of rocks which I feel is too distracting. Also a fellow photographer was standing there :)

So I gather the overall feedback is "not overly exciting"?

popnfresh

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:06:37 am »

If you were to look slightly to the right of the image, there is a very cluttered coastline of rocks which I feel is too distracting. Also a fellow photographer was standing there :)

Don't be shy about shoving other photographers to the side to get the shot. Always carry a cattle prod in your gear bag. ;D

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:56:09 pm »

Not that I know anything about landscapes- my comment regardless..

I get the feeling that the elements ( rocks/ sea/ sky/ coastal town) are not as "cohesive" as I would like them to be. It feels like a bit of everything but nothing of anything. The light that you had to work with didn't help either it seems. My thoughts though and probably wrong.

Heinz

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 02:50:15 pm »

Hi, give this a go in black and white, it may surprise you. Regards Heinz
Pages: [1]   Go Up