Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 paper type for Museo Silver Rag  (Read 2567 times)

shewhorn

• http://
Epson 7900 paper type for Museo Silver Rag
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:48:40 pm »

I'm building a profile for a friend, can anyone recommend a specific paper type to use with the Epson 7900 for Crane Museo Silver Rag? Crane Museo's website doesn't document what media type they used for their profile and I can't for the life of me find anything via Google. I downloaded the 7900 manual. Seems like the obvious choices would be...

Premium Luster Sheet or
Premium Semigloss Sheet

The only problem is that "Sheet" to me implies a sheet fed path and he's using rolls.

There's one Museo Silver Rag test done with a 9900 up on Aardenburg. The setting used there was "Premium Glossy Photo Paper" but that also maps to something in the "sheet" category (Premium Glossy Sheet).

If anyone has any recommendations (especially with regards to any specific tweaks... IE platten height, vacuum strength, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Epson 7900 paper type for Museo Silver Rag
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:03:53 pm »

I'm building a profile for a friend, can anyone recommend a specific paper type to use with the Epson 7900 for Crane Museo Silver Rag? Crane Museo's website doesn't document what media type they used for their profile and I can't for the life of me find anything via Google. I downloaded the 7900 manual. Seems like the obvious choices would be...

Premium Luster Sheet or
Premium Semigloss Sheet

If anyone has any recommendations (especially with regards to any specific tweaks... IE platten height, vacuum strength, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Joe
They do document the paper type in the profile name and it should be Premium Luster.  I have a 3880 and it's the same for that printer as well.  I can't help you on the other points since they don't apply to my printer

Sven W

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »

If you hold a second over the yellow "ICC Profile" you will notice "Premium Luster".
(see screen shot)

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:16:56 pm »

Alan, Sven,

Much appreciated! I definitely missed the rollover.

Cheers, Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up