Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9890 ink cartridge error  (Read 3967 times)

tamerair

Epson 9890 ink cartridge error
« on: April 02, 2011, 08:18:02 pm »

Date April 2nd 2011 I am posting this
I bought a new 9890 printer a month ago, I replaced my first Light light black 150ml (T6429) 9900 and 9890 uses same inks within their color range (same part numbers) but I got the ink cartridge error, I had also replaced vivid magenta, LLM, LK and they were fine, I am new using a large format printer so I went through this forum I even registered today and I followed all the advice and tips. I tapped the cartridge gently, rubbed the chip etc..  reinsert the cartridge many times, nothing!! Gives cartridge error. I have to wait till monday to call epson, lost weekend sales, I'd appreciate more feedback about this issue

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
Re: Epson 9890 ink cartridge error
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

I have a 9890 and I've used a 9800 for years and never experienced something like this. The first thing to check is that you're using the proper replacement cartridge and that you're not trying to stick in a LK instead of LLK. It's obvious but it's the type of thing I'd do. After that try another LLK cart. I'd suspect the cart is faulty since the initial 110ml cart worked fine.

tamerair

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »

thank you for the feedback, I called Epson and they are sending me new cartridge overnight, I am pleased with that.

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:28 pm »

I've seen this a couple of times now.  The first time the new cartridge fixed the problem...  the second time we weren't so lucky.  Several boards ended up having to be replaced in the printer.  There's also some gossip floating around about a connection coming loose on the board that the ink sensor stuff is on, and it just needs to be reattached.  In any case, it was a warranty service call...  with about three visits. 
Ted Dillard

Pete Berry

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:51:38 pm »

I've had two out of near 100 Canon 130ml carts with defective chips. Their overnight replacement policy has likewise been excellent.

Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up