Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get TCP/IP turned on with Z3100 printer  (Read 7247 times)

howardm

Re: Can't get TCP/IP turned on with Z3100 printer
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 04:55:15 pm »

if not lights, then no ethernet, it's not under driver control.  Perhaps the internal jetdirect card needs to be re-seated?

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »

It doesn't have the JetDirect card upgrade.  I'm plugging it into the ordinary ethernet port that comes out the top of the formatter, next to the USB one.  The diagnostic page says that Fast Ethernet is installed but not enabled, which I'm now taking to mean that there is a hardware fault breaking the communication between the plug and the rest of the printer.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

nbmz

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 12:38:22 am »

Here's a thought:

How about manually assigning an IP address to that particular Z3100 printer?  Just assign an IP other than what you may be using on the router side of things. 

As well, try to setup your networking on the printer to Negotiate at a slower ethernet speed.  (i.e. 10mbit full duplex versus 100mbit or auto)

I know that the auto speed negotiation setting can wreak havoc on some networks, so it might be worth a peek.  Out of curiosity, what router do you have the printer plugged into?

I'm sure you've tried to swap ethernet cables as well.

Other than that, I'm running out of ideas...

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 01:36:26 am »

There is no menu item on the control panel to set the IP, no control for setting any connectivity parameters.  The same holds for using the HP Utility to change settings.  I've installed the firmware multiple times, removed and reinstalled all HP software, and recabled and reseated everything possible, but this printer just doesn't want to communicate by any means other than USB.  At this point I've adopted the point of view that it is some sort of hardware problem.  It's more of an intellectual challenge than a business disaster now that I have it communicating over USB.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

howardm

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:38 am »

I concur.  I'm not up on exactly what HP hardware config's are (jetdirect vs. 'formatter boards') but IMO, it's clearly a hardware level problem and loading firmware or drivers and resetting endlessly isn't going to do anything except waste time.

nbmz

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 08:48:17 am »

Hey there,

Is the Z3100 identical to the Z3200 in menu structure?

If it is, you can damn well assign an IP manually.   ;D   I've done it on my Z3200 from the front panel.  You can also disable the IP features from that menu as well, I believe.

The printer that I use is still in storage.  I'll have it up and running this week.  I'll let you know.

Dan

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 01:26:11 pm »

He's already said the menu isn't showing for that.

I vote for HW failure.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up