Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 Publish upgrade, be careful  (Read 12839 times)

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Re: i1 Publish upgrade, be careful
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:35 pm »

has anyone received the software, successfully completed the upgrade process from MonacoPROFILER, and is up and working?

As a tester I upgraded two copies of PROFILER. I got the new dongles in the mail a few days after I phoned in the info. You keep your old dongles and can continue to use them. [snicker] Of course, as PPC apps, MP and PMP won't work in the upcoming Mac OS 10.7. ColorPort is Universal however and I'd encourage those that do lots of profiling to consider measuring in CP while generating profiles in i1P  for enhanced productivity (then again, maybe that's not that many people that would need that level of productivity!). Those with legacy devices (DTP70s, Pulse, DTP41, Lino, etc) will *have* to measure with ColorPort since i1P only support EyeOne devices. You can drag and drop measurement files from CP into i1P for quick profile generation - very easy.

PMP dongle upgrades are super fast because there's no dongle to ship!

But Tyler, you're probably wondering how quickly they are processing upgrades this very week and I'm not sure about that.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 01:34:46 pm »

at this point I'm wondering about a wider variety of issues more uncomfortable than that at this point, but don't find it productive right now to join in with more bashing. I'd prefer the problems are quickly resolved and wish I could help move that along. Many of us really need this, the options are evaporating rapidly.
I'm going to assume because of the lack of response that in fact no purchaser of the retail released software has successfully upgraded from Monaco, installed, and is up and working. At least on this list. For me this is actually helpful to know.
I received the software last Monday...

Mark Paulson

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »

I'm going to assume because of the lack of response that in fact no purchaser of the retail released software has successfully upgraded from Monaco, installed, and is up and working. At least on this list. For me this is actually helpful to know.
I received the software last Monday...

I did without any problem. I haven't fully tested yet, but everything seems to be functional.

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 11:39:13 pm »

were you sent an actual dongle? And If so, in the actual package or resulting from a phone call?

Greg_E

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 11:34:53 pm »

Tyler,

I'll let you know about the key tomorrow, I have to call about the upgrade for something so I'll ask. The upgrade page on the website specifically says you will get a new key for the new software and your Profiler Gold or Platinum key will still work with that software.

I'm a bit concerned about Andrew's comments regarding black generation in CMYK profiles, as noted in his review this is something that is absolutely needed, especially if you have something like a CMY K, lk, lllk (really extra light black) workflow which would allow a nice heavy black generation to be used in all areas. It is sounding like Colorport and Profiler will stay in my toolbox for as long as they will function, yes I'm one of those odd people who still like the Pulse hardware.

Andrew,

I know you are a Mac user, but did you happen to check any of your UI issues on a Windows 7 system? Just wondering if it is a problem for both OS's or just OSX. If you tested on Windows, was it the 32 bit or 64 bit flavor?

Greg

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 09:50:44 am »

I know you are a Mac user, but did you happen to check any of your UI issues on a Windows 7 system?

Sorry, no.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »

my issue with regard to the upgrade from Monaco Platinum has been resolved with the help of my dealer, Chromix (always great), and some good people at Xrite.
It was a simple error, and resolved without problem once given some attention. Thanks to all.
Tyler
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up