Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change the sequence of photos within a slideshow ?  (Read 2252 times)

Remko

How to change the sequence of photos within a slideshow ?
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:19:04 pm »

I downloaded a demo version of Lightroom 3 and also bought the book of Martin Evening about this product.  
But somehow I cannot figure out how to change the sequence of the photos in the slideshow. I am in Grid View. Whatever I try, does not seem to work. I thought changing the "sort" to "Added Order" might give the freedom to change the sequence, but it does not. The photos are "sticky" (is that proper English?).

Even changing "sort" to "capture time" does not do the trick and - in my case - is not working. Somehow the EXIF info read by Lightroom does not take the real capture time onto account.  What am I doing wrong ?
I am sure I am missing / overlooking something, but don't know what.

Any suggesions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Remko

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:26:54 pm by remko »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: How to change the sequence of photos within a slideshow ?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 05:50:52 pm »

It depends on where you are in the grid.  If you have Library/Show Photos in Subfolders enabled and you're in a parent folder, you can't move images that are stored in a subfolder (and displayed in the parent folder).  If you're in the subfolder you can click and drag images to rearrange them.  You can click and drag in a standard collection, but not in a smart collection.  One simple way to do it is to create a collection name it slideshow or something, set it as the target collection and then add images for the slideshow to that collection using the Painter tool, Shift-B, by right-clicking and selecting Add to Target Collection or by clicking in the top-right of the image (not the image frame).

HTH,
Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Remko

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:29 pm »

Mike, thank you so much!   :)

That's very valuable information and ..... I now got it working and am able to rearrange the photos. Wonderful !

Cheers,

Remko

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:03:24 pm »

Whenever you make a slideshow, I recommend you create a Collection and add files to it (by dragging and dropping them). This is better than basing slideshows on fodlers because you can choose which images to include.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up