Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900 User Servicing  (Read 818 times)

Garnick

9900 User Servicing
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:06:29 am »

Hello,

Just wondering how many of you are actually doing any service on your 9900.  I have the service manual, but the warranty is still valid so obviously I haven't attempted anything of that nature.  As a matter of fact I am presently awaiting a service call for yet another problematic nozzle.  This will be the second call within the original warranty period and I have just extended the warranty for one year.  Hopefully by that time there will be some good information on the forums from users who have attempted some degree of self service on these printers.  Having done various types of service/maintenance on the 7600 printers I have no qualms about going at it with the 9900, but I'd rather not be on the bleeding edge.  Bleeding ink and time do not coincide with my definition of productivity.

Thanks all,
Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Sven W

Re: 9900 User Servicing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:20:58 pm »

The difference between the 7600 and the 9900, is something like the difference between
a Beetle and a brand new BMW.  :D
You could buy spare parts everywhere for the Beetle and do-it-yourself.
The BMW is crowded with electronics and sensors and all is very fine tuned by an engineer.

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

Garnick

Re: 9900 User Servicing
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:54:56 pm »

The difference between the 7600 and the 9900, is something like the difference between
a Beetle and a brand new BMW.  :D
You could buy spare parts everywhere for the Beetle and do-it-yourself.
The BMW is crowded with electronics and sensors and all is very fine tuned by an engineer.

/Sven

I agree with your analogy to the extent that perhaps few owners of these printers are performing much service/maintenance on them, yet.  However, it has been my experience that these printers most definitely require a LOT of TLC in order to be productive.  When they work they do a great job, but when they don't it's a colossal study in frustration, as well as wasted materials and time.  I am presently awaiting my second warranty service call.  The call to Epson was placed early Thursday morning and I'm now hoping to see a tech Monday.  In no way would I equate that with good service.  I have however just extended the warranty.  Not something I wanted to do and it should NOT be necessary with this sort of technology, but time has proven that it is indeed necessary if I want to continue doing business with this printer.  Also, I find your reference to these printers being "finely tuned" to be a bit of a stretch.  If that were the case we wouldn't be seeing all of the issues in the posts on this forum.  I find it difficult to believe that all of these problems are simply a figment of someones imagination.  Certainly not in my case.

Having said this, I have been and shall continue to be an Epson customer.  I will also continue to hope that they get it right with the next model.  And perhaps eventually someone will be able to answer my initial question.

Gary  

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:58:11 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up