Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monument Valley  (Read 2231 times)

jeffball

• www.earthandskyphoto.com
Monument Valley
« on: September 01, 2004, 09:30:22 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hello Alan,
I was there in March.  I believe the attendant waited for us to finish photographing one night before he closed the gate to the parking lot.  I am thinking you could park outside of the visitor center parking and not be bothered with the gate.  It would be a short walk to the visitor center from either the side of the road or there may be another parking area toward the campground that is not affected by the gate.  Either way, I think you will find a way to image as late as you wish.  Good luck.
Jeff[/font]
Jeff Ball
[url=http://www.earthandskypho

alan

Monument Valley
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 09:16:24 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I am heading to Monument Valley in December and i see the park hours are 8am-5pm. Are you permitted to atleast shoot photos from the visiter center before 8 and after 5 without a guide?
If so What are the hours allowed for shooting photos from the visiter center?
Thanx[/font]

krey

Monument Valley
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 10:10:24 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Yes , you can photgraph from the Visitors Center prior to opening , you just can't park in the main lot . Just pull over to the right before the gate . There is also a road on the right about 3 miles North of MV that you can shoot from , just don't venture down too far , the Dineh are very sensitive about their land . Also , DRESS APPROPRIATELY , longjohns , good coat . Polypro gloves work well . The wind can & will get thru everything , but , it's more than worth it . don't forget Valley of the Gods & the San Juan river 30 - 60 minutes away in Utah ! This entire area is truly a photographers heaven .[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up