Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Competitive Upgrade  (Read 2348 times)

edorm

Competitive Upgrade
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:30:37 am »

Has Adobe ever offered a competitive upgrade from Aperture? I've been an Aperture user for a couple of years and am happy with it. I would seriously consider changing to Lightroom with a little incentive, but I wouldn't be willing to pay the full price. 

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: Competitive Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:25:30 pm »

Competitive upgrades are usually offered by a company that either has a new product or is trying to gain market share on the market leader.  Since LR is the market leader, I doubt you will see this as a promotional tactic.  Might make sense for Aperture or C1, but not even sure about that; they each target somewhat different markets.

Dave

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:45:40 pm »

There's an incentive through some of the association membership benefits such as NAPP or ASMP, a student or teacher, etc.

Generally, you get about 15% discount off the software and if you purchase/upgrade to Photoshop CS-5, you can purchase LR for about $100.

If you are a member, another benefit of your membership. If not a member of a group, sometimes this will pay for that membership and give you lots of other goodies as part of the process!
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

edorm

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:15:12 am »

I purchased CS5 last fall but don't recall seeing any LR purchase offers. I will check the install DVD's to see if there is an offer on an extra disk. Thanks

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »

I purchased CS5 last fall but don't recall seeing any LR purchase offers. I will check the install DVD's to see if there is an offer on an extra disk. Thanks
Well if u have CS5 you kinda already have LR develop module - Camera RAW.

Same RAW processing pipeline, same result. It's just without the DAM feature of LR Library and no Slideshow, print or web.

Pages: [1]   Go Up