Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newby question about Monitor calabration and web images  (Read 1412 times)

aross007

Newby question about Monitor calabration and web images
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:24:23 pm »

Background:  I have an HP LP2475w for my main monitor, and an old ViewSonic 14 inch LCD as the dual monitor for menues and overflow and etc.  I calibrate both monitors with a spyder3 pro, and I notice a significant difference between the two.  I assigned the differences to the age and quality of the ViewSonic, and I haven't worried about trying to match them, since I make my color decisions based on the HP.  My prints on my Epson 4000 are acceptably close to the Lightroom view on the HP.

I am just back from a visit to Page, Arizona, and a day in Canyon X (worth the time and cost BTW!!!)  I published a few pictures on my zenfolio site (aaross.zenfolio.com,) and when I look at them in a browser (IE) on the HP, they are much too red.  When I move the browser window to the viewsonic, they are back to matching the Lightroom view on the HP?  I suspect something simple or stupid, but would appreciate being pointed at where to look.

Thanks for any advice,
Alan 

RHPS

Re: Newby question about Monitor calabration and web images
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:01:10 am »

Your LP2475w is a widegamut monitor tha covers virtually 100% of Adobe RGB. IE assumes that your monitor is sRGB (as most are) and this is why your colours, especially the reds, look too saturated. IE does not use your monitor profile, even in the latest version apparently.

If you want a web browser that makes your colours look right, try Firefox 4 - works very well with my LP2475w.

aross007

Re: Newby question about Monitor calabration and web images
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:30:13 pm »

I knew it was simple!  Thanks RHPS.  Firefox fixed it.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up