Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: digital back for mamiya af <$2500  (Read 1621 times)

dmeckert

• DMECKERT Photographer
WTB: digital back for mamiya af <$2500
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:36 pm »

Ahoy.

I realize I'm a n00b here, but bear with me.

I'm looking for a medium format back for a mamiya 645afd. Been watching ebay for a while, and am kicking myself over not pulling the trigger a couple times...the timing just wasn't quite right...turns out it was wrong by about a week. Haha :| .  Anyway, I'm looking for something like a Valeo 17wi or 22wi, or less likely a very high mileage Aptus 17 or 22, or p21+, for somewhere in the $1700-$2500 US range.

Probably as rare a thing as it has seemed to be so far, but one never knows what's hiding out there in the world.

Cheers,
David  :)

ondebanks

Re: WTB: digital back for mamiya af <$2500
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »

David,

There's a complete P20+ kit in EX condition at KEH right now - which apparently includes a PhaseOne AF body ( = Mamiya AFD III) + 80/2.8 lens.
All that for just $2,569...unbelievable price...if I didn't already have something similar I'd pull the trigger myself instantly.

Here's the link - act fast:
http://www.keh.com/camera/Mamiya-645-Autofocus-Camera-Outfits/1/sku-AM019991195430?r=FE

Good luck,
Ray

dmeckert

• DMECKERT Photographer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:27:39 pm »

thanks for the heads up ray :D

i saw that the other day and was floored at the amazing deal. i'm actually surprised its still there.

if i didn't already have the AFD + a couple lenses, and wasn't stuck on the idea of the larger sensor backs (ideally i'd want a 48x36 chip, so even the 17mp backs would be settling a bit, for all the quality and improvement they represent), i'd probably already have bought it. lol

i'm also not sure i can move my AFD locally to pick that kit up though.

definitely considering it though.

cheers :)

ondebanks

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:13:02 am »

OK, glad you saw it.  :)

It's always good to have a 2nd AFD body though, as a backup...the shutter died on mine just before Xmas and I waited 3 months to get a great bargain on a replacement (€300 including a film back). Replacing the shutter on the old one would have cost as much or more, plus now I can sell off the old one for parts and either sell or keep the spare film back.

Cheers,
Ray

dmeckert

• DMECKERT Photographer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:45:20 am »

shhhhhhhhh, don't give it any ideas :P

lol

ironfist

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 04:18:32 pm »

I have a phase one P20 for mamiya AF that I'm looking to sell. I was thinking $2500.

The back is like new, I think I ran about 6-7k images with it, all in studio. It is in mint ++
condition.

Let me know if you're interested..

dmeckert

• DMECKERT Photographer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »

I have a phase one P20 for mamiya AF that I'm looking to sell. I was thinking $2500.

The back is like new, I think I ran about 6-7k images with it, all in studio. It is in mint ++
condition.

Let me know if you're interested..

Thanks for the reply and offer. If not for the KEH p20 bundle they have for the moment, and wanting a 3x4 sensor (sacrilege I know, but I primarily shoot fashion, so 9x12 and 8.5x11 are my usual output) I would paypal you 10 minutes ago.

Cheers:)

ironfist

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 02:39:25 pm »

ok, cool.

if anyone else is interested, it's still available.

cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up