Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900 Extended Warranty  (Read 668 times)

Garnick

9900 Extended Warranty
« on: March 29, 2011, 05:46:43 pm »

Hello All,

Last November I had a warranty covered service call to address severe clogging issues. I was by the tech that the cost of that call outside warranty would have been approximately $2100. Everything has been working well until this morning. I've spent most of the day trying to solve this, but without any luck. Looks like it might be a deflected LLK nozzle. I called Epson to set up a service call and was informed that the warranty expiration date is tomorrow, the 30th. I have a letter received from Epson stating that the warranty expires May 18th, so I called back and was told that is the "grace period" expiration date, in case one wants to extended the warranty after its actual date. I have been planning on extending it and I wanted to get a bit of feedback from the group about this. A bit of a survey concerning how many of you folks have done this with the 9900. I was thinking about the one year extension, but not sure if I should make it two years. Here in Canada the cost is almost $300 more than the US price, so that's a consideration as well.

The other question is how many of you are doing any sort of extensive service on the 9900. I do have the service manual, but haven't attempted any servicing yet myself, since it has been under warranty. I did most of the servicing on my 7600 printers.

Thank you. Any and all replies will be much appreciated.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up