Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH2 is too limited in raw but careful tuning of jpg may work  (Read 1838 times)

jvhigbee

GH2 is too limited in raw but careful tuning of jpg may work
« on: March 27, 2011, 10:03:21 pm »

I know the subject line is going to get attention so before anyone flames me , let me explain. I have worked my way through the Canon 10, 20, 30, 40 and 7D cameras and have had my GH2 since 1/4/2011. I have used raw almost religiously since 2003 with reasonable success shooting mostly birds and small wildlife. One thing I had hoped for was to be able to quickly transition from still to video and back. And still have the ETC on for the video. Another desire was to shoot stills without the shutter sound. It is all possible if I settle for jpg large/fine instead of raw. Carefully going through the menus and settings I have C3 set for these and think it may give me an option I can't have shooting raw. Setting the burst rate to SH gives me the silent shutter but requires careful attention to take one shot or even short burst. I also find the Dynamic set to standard is needed in most cases. I use three batteries and would need them for a full day shoot. So, then, a question; has anyone else tried any of this, like using jpg?

Joe
http://pbase.com/jvhigbee

NigelC

Re: GH2 is too limited in raw but careful tuning of jpg may work
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:25 am »

Silent shutter - I can't find that in menus on my GH2?

jvhigbee

Re: GH2 is too limited in raw but careful tuning of jpg may work
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:04:56 pm »

shutter volume is found in the setup menu under beep. but now I find it only works silent with a small size jpg which makes what I wrote earlier sound like I don't know what I'm talking about and with this camera it couldn't be more true.
Silent shutter - I can't find that in menus on my GH2?
Pages: [1]   Go Up