Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PC: Installing CS5?  (Read 1404 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

New PC: Installing CS5?
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:50:54 pm »

I presently have CS5 on my desktop, and my travel notebook. I am about ready to get a new state of the art PC to better handle my medium format files. I know I must deactivate Photoshop before attempting to install it on my new PC. The new PC will have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. To take avantage of 64 bit, do I need to do anything special in reinstalling? I have the disk for CS5 upgrade. I have always upgraded, and left the previous  version on my PC, so the install process, I assume, determines it is indeed an upgrade. Since this will be a new install, will I have any problems?
Thanks in advance
Dave

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: New PC: Installing CS5?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:57:01 pm »

Nothing special. The installer will install both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Some people still need the 32 bit version for compatibility with plug-ins.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48:12 pm »

Nothing special. The installer will install both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Some people still need the 32 bit version for compatibility with plug-ins.
\Thanks Peter. I do have a bunch of plug-ins.
Dave

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 02:17:45 pm »

As you have the upgrade disk and are installing on a new build it will ask you to input your s/n from the previous version you upgraded from.  You don't need to install it though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up