Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd "edit in..." behavior  (Read 1158 times)

marcgoldring

Odd "edit in..." behavior
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:42:05 pm »

Lately when I want to go to PS for soft proofing, when I click on edit in, it doesn't give that series of 3 choices about whether to include LR's settings (sorry, don't have that window to give the exact wording). It goes into PS and when I save out, it does go back into the LR catalog with the "-edit" appended.

I'm assuming this is user error of some sort - but any hints on what I did to goof it up??

Thanks

Marc
Marc Goldring
visit my site Marcoclicks

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Odd "edit in..." behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:37:15 pm »

If you edit a non-raw file, you will get the dialog asking if you want to edit the original, a copy with edits or a copy without edits. You don't get that dialog for raw files.

You don't see any dialog when editing raw files when your Lightroom and Camera Raw versions are in sync. If they are not in sync, you get a warning asking if you want Lightroom to render the file.

Since you aren't getting any dialog, everything is in sync and Lightroom sends the file to Photoshop and follows the settings you've set up for external editing. So, everything is normal.

marcgoldring

Re: Odd "edit in..." behavior
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 04:21:44 pm »

Thanks! I did upgrade to CS5 and I guess I was so used to the behavior when round tripping to CS2 (!) that I didn't realize the change.

Marc
Marc Goldring
visit my site Marcoclicks
Pages: [1]   Go Up