Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it working?  (Read 7720 times)

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
Re: Is it working?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:34 pm »

Tom
You said
Just back at work and the problem persists using IE but not Fireworks on my PC.

Since you can see the site at work using FireFox, the problem is probably with your particular copy of IE.
IE is often customized by various companies and IT departments to meet particular needs or whatever. Does your company do this or does your ISP do this?
If not, you can try to re-install IE. Download the latest version from MS and reinstall.
Since no one else seems to be having a problem with IE and all the browser check services say it works fine with IE7 through 9, you should be good to go even if you can't figure out what is going on with your work computer.

I recently got a notebook netbook and find it useful for downloading my photo cards when I'm traveling and don't want to or can't take my laptop. So your  notebook netbook shouldn't be a total loss.

Les
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:24:19 am by Les Sparks »

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:53 am »

The problem is definitely my work computer. I tried support at EasyRotator and when I looked at their samples on the product page I found that I couldn't see their examples. Now I just have to work out what is wrong with the computer. Thanks to everyone who has helped.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 05:33:39 am »

The problem is definitely my work computer. I tried support at EasyRotator and when I looked at their samples on the product page I found that I couldn't see their examples. Now I just have to work out what is wrong with the computer. Thanks to everyone who has helped.

Cheers,

Probably your keyboard... ;D
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 10:05:48 am »

Another test is to edit the page and remove the javascript, placing a standard static jpeg in place of the slideshow. If this renders on your work browser then it is a pretty good indication that indeed Jacascript is blocked. If you like I can copy your source code and try doing just that and then upload to my server and forward the URL. This way your site won't be altered or touched at all.

BTW, do you mean Adobe Fireworks or Mozilla Firefox?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:22:13 am by Justinr »

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 11:43:12 am »

Hi Tom,
It sounds like the security setting on your work IE are set to disallow pictures.   

First check to see what the general security level used in IE is. Go to Tools, Internet Options, and select the security tab. Check to see what the security level is for the internet zone. Then click on Custom and scroll down the list to see if Binary and Script behaviors is set to enable. Aslo check to see what the ActiveX controls settings are. If Run ActiveX controls and plugins is set to disable or if Script ActiveX controls marked for safe is set to disable this could be a source of your problem.Then down near the bottom check to see what the scripting settings are:
If Active scripting is set to disable, this could be the problem.

If this looks OK then go to Tools, Internet Options. Then Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to multimedia and see if show pictures is allowed.

If all else fails, go home and take a few photos.

Good luck.
Les
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up